International Business Explorer
Exploring the global market
Supported by Scottish Enterprise, International Business Explorer placements aim to utilise the skills and connections of post-graduate students. These opportunities are designed to help Scottish businesses internationalise, or evaluate what steps the business would need to take to grow globally.
The initiative is specifically designed for students studying postgraduate degrees and businesses seeking extra insight into the international market.
Read the Blazing Griffin case study
Examples of projects suited to International Business Explorer
- Helping companies establish an international online presence. For example on Tmall (China’s equivalent of eBay)
- Helping market the company via international social media channels such as Weibo (Chinese equivalent of Twitter)
- Researching potential distributors
- Providing advice and guidance on local business best practice, culture and etiquette
- Providing assistance in developing an international version of existing brand
- Supporting company representatives on international trade and market visits
Visit the student eligibility page to find out if you can apply.