Scottish Enterprise, Highlands & Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services and Scottish Funding Council together known as the ScotGrad Partners work together on the ScotGrad programme , which aims to assist companies and graduates through the placement of graduates with companies to work on business projects or initiatives with the potential to boost the growth of the host company.
Any personal data or sensitive personal data provided by you to us will be held and processed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of meeting the legitimate interests of the ScotGrad Partners.
Why we require your information
- ScotGrad Partners provide a variety of online offerings, including information about products and services, business information and publicity. ScotGrad Partners collect personally identifiable information when you register with us and when you use our services. We ask you for personal data only when it is needed to provide goods or services you have enquired about or asked us to provide or to respond to your request for information. You do not need to provide us with personal data simply to browse our site.
- ScotGrad Partners use this information to customise the content you see on these pages, to fulfill your request for certain products and services, to communicate with you generally and to contact you about special offers, promotions or new events and services.
What information do we collect?
We will collect information from you in the following circumstances:
- Registration - Some areas of this website require you to be registered with us prior to access being made available to a particular area of the website or to obtain certain services. Our registration process involves providing us with your name, address, telephone and fax number and email address. We use this information to provide you with the service you have requested or to answer your queries.
- Promotions and events - Personal data is required to keep you informed of developments including new (or existing) activities, guidance services and facilities, promotions, conferences, seminars and training offerings. Where we offer on-line registration in particular cases, we will require to obtain certain information about you such as contact details and billing information to process your registration and to follow-up such registration.
- Subscriptions and newsletters - Users of our website can register for a number of email newsletters and news updates. This service is entirely optional and you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Contest and surveys - From time to time we may offer users the option of participating in contests or surveys. Participation is entirely optional. Any information you provide during the course of a contest or survey is used by us to conduct research, improve our facilities and services or award prizes. Additional terms and conditions may apply to contests which will be notified to prospective applicants.
- Optional information - We may request optional information from you on our registration forms. We request this optional information so that we may serve you better (for example to provide more tailored products and services to you) and understand you better. If we request this additional information from you, we will identify it as optional.
- Information from other sources - In our normal course of business, ScotGrad Partners, supplement the contact information provided by you with information from third-party marketing firms. We use this additional information (for example, census information) to help us to serve you better by, for example, targeting some of our offers, promotions, services and other events to you.
- Use of web beacons - ScotGrad web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons - sometimes called “single-pixel gifs” - which allows ScotGrad Partners to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information on the ScotGrad website. They are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about ScotGrad website usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies. If you turn off cookies, web beacon technologies will still detect anonymous visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other anonymous cookie information and are disregarded.
- Website usage data - With or without cookies, the ScotGrad website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that the page request is coming from (your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL (for example search criteria). We use this data to better understand website usage so we know what areas of our website users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting but is not attributed to you as an individual.
- Security - We recognise industry standards and employ security safeguards to protect information from unauthorised access and misuse. We use the most accurate and current information you provide in order to process your request. Furthermore, whenever you transmit sensitive information, such as billing or credit card information to us through our website, we provide you access to our secure server that allows encryption across the internet. This is done to help protect you from unauthorised use of the information you are sending to our server.
- User Submissions - Please do not post confidential or proprietary information to our website. Any material, information or any other communication you transmit or post to our website (other than your personal information) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, unless we are advised to the contrary and we will have no liability for it. ScotGrad Partners will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the communications in all data, images, sound, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. Users of our website are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate any law.
What information do we share?
The ScotGrad Partners will use and share between them, the information you provide with a view to progressing your interest in the ScotGrad programme and no other purpose whatsoever.
- Agents – ScotGrad Partners will share your information with professional advisers, strategic partners, survey and research organisations, The Scottish Government and other individuals and organisations that we employ or work with to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf. Examples of these functions include sending postal mail, faxes and email, handling credit card transactions, providing services, (including but not limited to careers and employment services) and following up on enquiries (including by phone, email, post or fax). These agents have access to the personal information required to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purpose. This may also in certain circumstances involve the transfer of your information abroad.
- Compliance with law - We will release personal information where we are required to by law or by the regulations and other rules (including auditing requirements) to which we are subject. We may also exchange information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Consent - Other than in the above situations you will receive notice from us when your personal information might go to third parties and you will have the opportunity to decide not to share that information.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information. Contact us using our form or call 0845 607 8787 for further details.