Graduate – International Marketing
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Inverness and Surrounds
£20,000 - £23,000 per annum pro rata
- Ref code
Black Isle Brewing Co Ltd, the UK's premier organic brewery based near Inverness, is looking for a Marketing Graduate to develop and implement a new marketing strategy. This six months placement has a potential to be extended for further six months subject to all required milestones being delivered.
We make a range of world class organic beers, in a fabulous location. The beers are innovative, and stylishly packaged, but our communication strategy needs to be enhanced.
The successful candidate will be required to develop a marketing strategy and implement it using new digital technology improvements that will achieve tangible and quantifiable results in increased sales, better public awareness, and improved communication.
This project will be specifically aimed at targeted markets with a view to making Black Isle a global organic beer brand. The graduate’s task will be to define the Black Isle ‘message’, and completely overhaul the website, Point of Sale (POS) and publicity.
The placement will last six months with a potential of a further six month extension subject to all required milestones being achieved.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Research World Craft Beer Market (particularly targeted countries), and the Organics Market in general. Target Thailand, Mexico, Brazil, and Canada and compile a report by Month 1 to present to company directors. Contact should be made with UKTI and SDI representatives in each country and a list of likely importers and distributors.
- Research similar and other complementary businesses for future collaboration and reciprocation. Target USA, Sweden and Japan for similar breweries for collaboration brews to promote sales and awareness. Between Month 1 & 2. Set dates with reciprocal breweries and plan logistics for later in the year. Organise trips for Black isle team to visit other breweries and from them to come here. Ongoing.
- Research Digital Marketing and Communication companies for future submission of tender of Marketing Brief. Completed by Month 2-3.
- Write Marketing Brief and present to Company Directors. Completed by Month 3
- Issue tender brief to Digital Marketing and Communication companies. Completed Month 3-4
- Co-ordinate implementation of Marketing Strategy. Ongoing. Throughout the year 2016 working closely with Sales Team, Directors, Reciprocal businesses, and Digital Media Company. Compiling progress report monthly and monitoring sales and marketing targets to achieve a substantial increase in Black Isle brand awareness.
- Research and commission promotional videos to highlight brewery key personnel and brewery life; key issues and ethos behind the brewery; production and beers. At least 3 new videos on You Tube and website by end of Month 6
- Between Months 1-6 continually liaise with Directors to ensure specific tasks related to the placement (and outlined above) are realised. This should include the creation of detailed handover document to enable Directors to embed all the suggested improvements into day-to-day business operations.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Preferably a degree in Marketing or Business Studies. Other candidates may be considered if they have the relevant skills required for the role.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about craft beer and organics
- Literate and good communicator
- Disciplined, and well-organised
- Thorough, and able to work independently
- Creative and Imaginative
- Able to speak and understand other languages
- Relaxed and humorous
- High achiever, and ambitious
- Any prior experience in marketing role
As part of this ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from a team within Highlands and Islands Enterprise and also attend a four day residential course focused on business skills.
Black Isle Brewing Co Ltd is Scotland’s only organic brewery, based in the Scottish Highlands less than 10 minutes from Inverness. We make world class beers from the finest organic malt and hops grown on farms without chemicals, as nature intended.
Our range of organic beers is being sold nationally, and exported around the world in bottles and kegs.
We don’t just make ‘great’ beer, we make ‘great organic’ beer. We make beer for people who care about what they eat and drink, and care about the environment too. We believe that everywhere that serves beer should have at least one organic beer option, and we aim to make Black Isle the organic beer of choice.
Food and Drink
Company website: www.blackislebrewery.com