Internationalise your business
Keen to take your products and services to the world? One of ScotGrad's main operational partners, Scottish Enterprise, is offering a 'Make it to Market' grant that can contribute up to £5,000 to help you on your way.
From developing a new product or improving an existing one, changing manufacturing methods or finding fresh routes to market, innovation has a key role to play in helping businesses expand and stay competitive.
There's no shortage of innovative ideas in Scotland's business landscape, but time and financial pressures often mean turning them into commercial reality can be difficult.
Access essential finance
With Scottish Enterprise's Make it to Market grant, you can access funding of up to £5,000 to help bridge that gap and develop products or services to take to international markets.
“Global competition is increasing but so is the scale of the potential market for those firms which are able to develop innovative products and services, reach out to new customers and gain competitive advantage,” said Jim Watson, Scottish Enterprise's Innovation & Enterprise Services Director.
“The Make it to Market grant offers the extra help small businesses often need to make the most of new opportunities through innovation.”
Who's the grant for?
- SME's based throughout Scotland (excluding Highlands and Islands)
- VAT registered businesses which are developing a product or service for an international market
- Companies able to finance at least 25% of the grant awarded, and demonstrate the financial potential of the related project
What can you use it for?
- Product development (post R&D), launch and promotion
- Packaging/branding development
- Research market opportunities (including translation and travel costs)
- Feasibility studies, licensing and brand protection
- Guidance on international contracts
- Supply chain set-up
Interested? Check your eligibility and apply here.