CareerConfident, a week-long series of events hosted by the University of Edinburgh’s award-winning Careers Service, took place in January 2016. These events were dedicated to giving you a head-start on your career journey and helping you develop the skills you need to succeed in the workplace.
The programme covered everything from professionalism and workplace culture, to developing your online presence for the job market. Attendees had the chance to:
- Hear from employers about what skills they’re looking for in graduate employees
- Talk to the careers consultants about how to pitch your career story to employers and how to effectively build your professional network
- Discuss workplace Dos and Don’ts in a speaker session with recent graduates
- Visit local employers in Edinburgh to gain an insight into different working environments
- Learn how to use LinkedIn to enhance your professional online presence and get a free professional headshot to use on your profile
Missed these events, or looking for similar ones at your university? Why not contact your Careers Service to find out about their events and appointments throughout the year.