Graduate placements are fixed-term jobs designed to give you your first piece of graduate-level work experience. Through ScotGrad, it is an opportunity to join one of Scotland’s growing organisations and complete a project of up to 12 months. You will gain real-world experience working on a defined project, where you will make a significant impact on a small or medium-sized organisation.
Since 2010, over 1000 graduates from approximately 25 different countries have had the satisfaction of making their mark through projects in organisations across Scotland. Many of these led to permanent jobs and 94% of graduates on our programme progress to graduate-level outcomes after their placement. You'll earn a minimum salary of £18,000 or the pro-rata equivalent.
Placement sectors include (but are not limited to):
Food and Drink
Science and Environment
Energy (Oil & Gas, Renewables)
Travel and Tourism
Project examples include:
- Designing and developing a new product or service, or adapting one for an overseas market
- Developing new business processes and getting them up and running, e.g. accounting systems, ordering/purchasing systems etc.
- Strategic marketing plans, targeted marketing and market research, e.g. development or research of new international markets, exporting a product or service
- Utilising digital opportunities to improve business performance
- Improving environmental management
- Developing effective human resource policies
- Helping to enhance sustainability of social enterprises
If you’re ready to apply, check out our available placements.
You will have the opportunity to develop your existing skills and knowledge whilst working on a project from start to finish. This project will deliver solid outcomes for the organisation you’re placed with, and enhance your CV.
- Free training
- Peer to peer support and network
- Innovation workshops
- Professional development planning
How do I get started?
ScotGrad offers rolling recruitment throughout the year. There are no long lead-in times, psychometric tests, or assessment centres. You could have a job within a few weeks of submitting your application.
First, check to see if you are eligible. Then, register for your free ScotGrad account, and view our current opportunities. You can apply up to three months before you graduate, and can sign up to placement alerts to keep up to date. All degree disciplines are accepted and you can apply for multiple placements as long as you have the skills required.
Find your perfect ScotGrad placement today.