Graduate Digital Content Producer
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Creative arts and design
Edinburgh and Lothians
- Ref code
We have developed a cultural tourism app platform which helps tourists embrace local culture through music, songs and stories. We want tourists to not just visit but feel like they belong, connected to local places through story and song. To help us on our journey, we are looking to hire a talented and creative graduate for a 12 month placement, to support the creation of written, audio and AR content with communities for cultural travel apps. The role will be based in Edinburgh.
Our app makes tourists feel accomplished by allowing them to know where everything is at all times and by surfacing the hidden, not to be missed ‘gems’. We want all visitors to feel great and to have the most memorable driving, walking, rail and cycling trips possible.
We bring authenticity into the experience by getting local businesses and tourism groups to write about themselves, in their own words, and by working with local musicians, storytellers and historians.
We are experimenting with new experiences which use video and augmented reality, alongside audio. We are creating and delivering these new experiences in partnership with local communities, tourism and heritage groups.
To support the creation of content with communities and to turn the Graduate Digital Producer role into a permanent role.
To support the production of all forms of digital content within our business, this includes:
- Copywriting for apps and websites
- Presenting to community groups
- Organising recording sessions with storytellers
- Supporting the delivery of workshops with community groups
- Proof reading community generated copy
- Gathering content from varied sources
- Supporting film production
- Supporting augmented reality content production
- Supporting our UX research and social media teams with digital content
- Review current work practices and propose recommendations of change to
- Clarify work processes to enable consistency of practice
- Enable efficiency through good working practices
- Ensure effective communication and robust collaboration between all stakeholders
- Embed our values and cultural ethos through creative solutions
HND or Undergraduate Degree in relevant discipline.
Skills / Experience
You must be a proficient Microsoft Office user with strong written and verbal communication skills, you should be comfortable in building working relationships with people from varying backgrounds and have an attention to detail in what you do, how you plan, etc.
An interest in technology.
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills, develop existing skills and make a real difference to our partners and stakeholders.
- Working hours of 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week), with an hour for lunch each day
- Holidays are 25 Working Days per annum, with an additional 8 Days public holidays
- Team lunch every Thursday
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Whereverly is a digital technology company based in Edinburgh, whose purpose is to make the world a little better through digital innovation.
We have developed a cultural tourism app platform which helps tourists embrace local culture through music, songs and stories. We want tourists to not just visit but feel like they belong, connected to local places through story and song.
Company website: https://whereverly.com