Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Inverness and Surrounds
- Ref code
Based in Inverness, toolsoup® is a start-up company which has developed a unique online platform enabling a wide range of services to be offered and delivered to consumers through the platform on any device.
There is now an exciting opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to help build a database within the platform. The successful candidate will research, verify and enter existing data into the platform.
toolsoup® are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable individual to join their growing team to create a database within their platform with data to support the relevant services. This will be a varied role, and the successful candidate may be required to work on several initiatives at one time.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Desk research of services to input into database, including web research and publications.
- Carry out research to verify service data, interviewing professionals to clarify or edit.
- Entry of data directly into the platform through app specific webforms, building up a database of all segments of services within the platform.
- Document the process, including a flowchart for database entry and user testing.
- Work closely with the CEO, app developers, digital marketing specialists and attend project briefings as required.
- Assist with developing documentation for processes and procedures as part of the project.
- Take full ownership of individual data content projects assigned.
- Produce a handover document to cover tasks, deliverables, lessons learned, and improvements identified.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Willie MacLean on 07715 377173.
This position is part of the Technology Placement Programme supported by the Northern Innovation Hub and is part funded by Inverness City Region Deal and European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree Level, preferably related to Computer Science, IT Systems or related.
Skills / Experience
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of web-based apps.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Knowledge/experience of research methods.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, and also as part of a small team.
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technology and skills
- Knowledge of research methods and data collection.
- Knowledge/experience of relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Experience of working with software/app developers
- Experience of working in start-up or fast paced environment.
During the placement, the graduate will get the opportunity to gain experience and training on research, interviewing skills and using webforms and platform technology to aid data entry.
An integral part of the Technology Placement Programme (TPP) is the tailored 4 -day residential graduate business skills training course ran by ScotGrad. TPP placements also offers the opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use these networks to communicate with other participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
toolsoup® are a startup company who have developed a unique platform enabling a wide range of services to be offered and delivered to users of the platform. The company plans to scale quickly and want to attract the best talent to join them on their journey.
Tech or Advanced Engineering (TAE)
Company website: www.toolsoup.com