Graduate Software Developer
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
- Ref code
Shock Innovations, trading as ThermaFY is an innovative startup, harnessing state-of-the-art technology and software that turns your mobile phone into a powerful tool that enables you to collect and analyse thermal data. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, they’re transforming the world around us. We are looking to hire a graduate software developer to help us continue our progress to date. The placement will for 12 months initially and we provide flexibility in terms of where the role can be based.
ThermaFy is developing a novel set of applications to solve real-world problems using thermographic images captured via a Thermal Camera attached to a mobile phone. In this role you will take responsibility for the development of prototype image analysis and machine learning solutions to identify certain objects within images, and produce quantified results based on an analysis of the thermal characteristics of the object. This analysis will further enable actionable outcomes which can be understood by non-technical users.
It is expected that the prototypes developed during the initial 12-months will be integrated into the core capabilities of the product to provide a significant competitive advantage. This will lead to expansion into new markets with well-known international companies and significant growth.
We have an opportunity to expand into a new market with well know international companies and we need a very motivated individual.
This placement will have a significant impact on the development and implementation of our new software.
The software is in its early stages, but has already enjoyed substantial success and plaudits, establishing a very strong customer base. With interest from internationally recognised brands, this is an exciting time for someone to join the team at a pivotal stage in the evolution of ThermaFy.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an immediate impact in a growing company, and to develop your skills and place in the company as it scales.
• Onboarding with current team members
• Familiarisation with the current software/hardware
• Review the applications under development and timescales
• Discussion on the requirements and priorities for the research & prototypes
• Develop ideas for research and prototyping
• Review ideas and possible solutions
• Conduct research & develop prototype (Agile sprints)
Degree qualified in appropriate discipline.
This role would suit a candidate who can demonstrate relevant practical experience. From a technical aspect, you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and be able to show your analytical mind, capacity to learn and develop new technical skills quickly.
Skills / Experience
- In depth knowledge of image processing, image segmentation, computer vision and pattern classification
- Knowledge of machine learning and related fields
- Experience of MATLAB or similar
- Programming experience in C/C++, Python, Swift
- An aptitude for developing and testing new ideas, prototyping and critical assessment of outcomes
- An appreciation of system constraints and performance implications
- You’ll be able to prove how you’ve applied technical knowledge to solving problems either through your studies, research, own projects or extracurricular activities
- A track record successfully undertaking image processing research projects in industry and/or academia
- Programming experience with PHP
- Development of mobile applications for iOS
- Development of web applications using Symfony
- Experience with thermographic images
- Software/System engineering
- Agile development
- Experience and interest in AR route mapping
We are based in Kelso in the Scottish Borders but are happy for this role to be done remotely anywhere in the UK, with the possibility of a hot desk in Microsoft React London, CodeBase Edinburgh, Elevator Dundee. We would however expect you to travel for important team meetings and to meet some of our clients, to enable you to better understand their needs.
This role holds tremendous potential for professional development as the right candidate would essentially create their own leadership role within ThermaFy.
The role is initially for 12 months, but a contract extension and wage review are expected for the right candidate thereafter. We are offering a competitive salary, alongside the opportunity in the future to earn company equity through an employee share incentive scheme.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
8th April 2019
Shock Innovations, trading as ThermaFY is an innovative startup, harnessing state-of-the-art technology and software that turns your mobile phone into a powerful tool that enables you to collect & analyse thermal data. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, they’re transforming the world around us.
The software is in its early stages, but has already enjoyed substantial success and plaudits, establishing a very strong customer base.
With interest from internationally recognised brands, this is an exciting time for someone to join the team at a pivotal stage in the evolution of ThermaFy.
Enabling Technology ICT
Company website: https://thermafy.com/