Graduate Marketing and Communications Assistant
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Inverness and Surrounds
- Ref code
Based in Inverness, The Highlands Small Communities Housing Trust (HSCHT) is a registered charity that helps rural communities secure long-term affordable solutions to their local housing needs.
There is now the opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to assist in creating a marketing and communications strategy to promote the organisation. The successful candidate will also help coordinate the upcoming 20th anniversary event.
The graduate will create and implement a marketing and communications strategy. In addition, also develop marketing material and work with our design team to assist in the 20th anniversary celebration.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Create and implement a new marketing and communications strategy.
- Review of current website and assist with launch of new one.
- Assist with 20th anniversary conference promotion and marketing material.
- Collaborate with key suppliers and partners to promote initiatives.
- Organise and attend key events and conferences
- Prepare templates and resource packs, assisting with writing blogs.
- To identify future marketing opportunities in order to support HSCHT’s growth ambitions.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Eileen Irvine on Tel: 01463 233549.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum HNC or equivalent, related to Marketing or Business Studies. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of marketing principles and social media for business use.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Competent IT skills, with working knowledge of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Access).
- Pro-active with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Team player.
- Flexible and a creative thinker.
- Commitment to the 12-month project completion.
- Previous marketing experience, particularly social media.
- Driving licence and access to a car.
- Knowledge of housing, construction industry, rural development and/or self-builds.
- Understanding of designing and building websites.
The graduate will have the opportunity to participate in social media and marketing courses. There may an option to undertake other training courses in relation to the placement.
As part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme, you will have access to a tailored graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
HSCHT have made affordable rural homes a reality for local households and communities across the length and breadth of the Highlands since 1998. We represent a wide range of interests including communities, local government, landowners, crofters and housing associations.
Company website: www.hscht.co.uk