Business Development Graduate
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Management business development and logistics
Inverness and Surrounds
£22,500 per annum
- Ref code
Based in Easter Ross, Tain and District Development Trust (TDDT) is a community-led organisation that engages in enterprising activity with a view to developing a sustainable community for Tain and its District.
We are looking for a motivated individual to undertake a 12-month graduate placement to collaborate with local businesses and groups, developing new initiatives, mentorship opportunities and tourism experiences.
The successful candidate will work closely with businesses and community groups to explore opportunities for social and economic development.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Develop a new 3-year Marketing strategy incorporating a social media plan to promote the Community Enterprise Hub. Identify and implement improvements to website.
- Establish mutually beneficial relationships with other businesses and potential clients. Share knowledge of events and promotions of our partners which will increase their customer base. Develop a calendar of members networking events.
- Data collection of events run by TDDT. Develop a system to collate and report this data to feedback to management team.
- Carry out research with local businesses and produce a report detailing their development needs. Create a Programme of activities and events based on feedback gained and develop a Business Improvement Strategy.
- Work with and create links between local businesses, community groups, schools, youth groups, unemployed and business start-ups. Research and identify mentorship and placement opportunities.
- Work with local businesses to develop experience days and tourism packages.
- Produce a report with project outcomes and recommendations going forward.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Coral Allan on 01862 857182.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum HND, preferably related to Business and Tourism. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, and social media for business use.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, but also as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic individual.
- Commitment to project completion.
- Ability to collaborate and build networks.
- Strong public speaker.
- Excellent presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a growing organisation focused on empowering the community. There will be additional training and development within the role.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Formed in 2017, TDDT engages in enterprising activity with a view to developing a sustainable community for Tain and its District. All profits from our activities are reinvested into the community.
Company website: www.tainddtrust.com