Technical Services Analyst
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Sales and buying
£22,000 - £24,000
- Ref code
Founded in 1995 and headquartered in East Kilbride, our IOSH or NEBOSH accredited team is located across the UK, US and New Zealand. As part of our plans to grow and strengthen the business, we are now looking for a talented graduate to join our team for a 12 month placement, to work with our UK and APAC Technical Support teams.
This project will see you working on customer requests via calls or email, configuration services, support for training team, internal software and systems support, assist with UK, US, Australian and NZ system support. You will add value to our SHE customer journey by providing excellent customer and technical support at all stages of the project.
You will be a key addition to the team and use your skills, knowledge and expertise to help us make improvements to our customer service and technical support functions within the business.
Prioritise and deliver support activities
- Ensure that activities are carried out efficiently – both in terms of individual work and in terms of coordination and communication with others (especially Development, Project & Migration Management and Account Management)
- Ensure that activities are effective – processes are followed; knowledge is shared and kept up to date; documentation is developed and maintained
- Escalate client issues where appropriate to Support Manager, Product Manager, Development or the Project/Training Manager
- Ensure full records of all customer interactions are maintained and correct
- Develop, implement and maintain customer facing systems for product support (Knowledgebase, Ticketing systems)
Manage customer relationships
- Ensure a high standard of professionalism in customer interactions
- Ensure that customers are kept abreast of progress against issues raised
- Identify upsell opportunities
- Spot opportunities where customers require additional configuration services or training, or where they may benefit from additional functionality – address this to the Account Manager or Project/Training Manager
- Fully document needs and share with account manager
- Deliver services alongside team members
- Help desk support
- Configuration services – both at direct request of customers and in support to Project & Migration team
- User testing and feedback of new support tool and product releases
- Customer training (if required)
You will be ideally qualified with and HND or Degree in appropriate Technical or Business discipline.
Skills / Experience
- Self-starter with high drive and determination
- Can prioritise activities to maintain focus while balancing many activities
- Open and collaborative - maintains strong internal relationships
- Can handle customer issues constructively and diplomatically
- Commercial – can identify opportunities for additional sales
- Determination and proven ability to master new technical skills
- Experience on a customer support desk
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
2nd December 2019
With more than 20 years’ experience, SHE Software can speak with authority about health and safety management software solutions. Assure, our highly configurable health and safety management software solution, is at the heart of our success. It’s trusted by more than 850 organisations and used by more than half a million users around the world. Working across diverse sectors and industries including manufacturing, construction, energy and utilities, we’re changing the way companies manage health and safety.
Company website: SHE Software