Graduate IT Support Engineer
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
£22,000 - £24,000
- Ref code
This project will see you providing 1st line IT support to SHE Software staff as well as assisting in corporate IT projects. You must have experience with Microsoft Office productivity tools along with a working knowledge of Windows desktop computing environments. This is a great opportunity for a recent IT graduate to make an impact with an ambitious and growing company.
The project involves the implementation of a Master Data Management across SHE Software to ensure that accurate data from defined “master data” sources is available in all business systems used by our staff. Currently we have a range of business systems used by Sales, Projects, Support, Finance etc. where key data such as customers, contracts and customer contacts must be maintained manually. This inevitably leads to data becoming stale and increases the potential for incorrect data due to human error.
During the project, you will learn new skills including basic project management (requirement gathering & scoping), systems integration, working with application programming interfaces.
- Supporting Windows systems. These systems include Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Windows 10 Desktops, Exchange, Microsoft Teams.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of in-house systems.
- Work with others across the business to assess requirements for new business applications and plan, deliver and support these new systems
- Responsible for basic application support of all desktop software, including Desktop Operating Systems, Office Productivity Suite, Business Information Systems and desktop management and security tools.
- Support the DevOps team in administering Office 365.
- Managing IT tickets to closure in our Hornbill ticket system including escalations and collaboration with other teams when required.
- Implementing systems and processes to support master data management across SHE business systems.
- Asset tracking and management
Qualification in computing science or related subject, would be ideal for this placement.
Skills / Experience
- Ability to match IT product offerings with the business needs and develop solutions to complex customer requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to assist in the evaluation of new product features or upgrades.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to knowledge transfer effectively
- Ability to participate in IT projects and deliver to agreed timescales
- Experience of systems integration
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Experience in collaboration technologies including products such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
6th January 2020
With more than 20 years’ experience, SHE Software can speak with authority about health and safety management software solutions. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Scotland, the company’s IOSH or NEBOSH accredited team is located across the UK, US and New Zealand. Assure, our highly configurable health and safety management software solution, is at the heart of our success. It’s trusted by more than 850 organisations and used by more than half a million users around the world. Working across diverse sectors and industries including manufacturing, construction, energy and utilities, we’re changing the way companies manage health and safety.
Company website: SHE Software