Project Cost Accountant
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
£16,000 per annum
- Ref code
Sercon Support Services Ltd are looking for a finance or business graduate to analyse, manage and plan business development project costs to ensure maximum profitability. This will be a 12 month placement with possibility to transition to a permanent role, based in Irvine, Ayrshire.
This role will act as analysis and job costing of business development project costs and ensure tender manager and management is aware weekly of cost versus actual budget and tender analysis, competitive market pricing, strategically reviewing tender content to accurately price business opportunities competitively with profitable return. The graduate will devise & define competitive and efficient pricing models aligned to Business Development Projects.
The project is intended to achieve a more in depth knowledge of job cost accounting to an already established business development department, contributing to the skills, knowledge and experience within the business. The success will be determined by the conversion of business opportunities.
Reporting to the Senior business development Officer, you will review and suggest cost effective initiatives to the business development team and management to ensure project/contract is competitive and profitable.
This is an exciting role, with real scope for affecting change. You will be responsible for devising and defining competitive and efficient pricing models aligned to Business Development Projects, as well as producing various reports for tender managers that provide details of all costs, associated costs and overall pricing of commercial and public sector opportunities, including potential contract modifications.
A key part of this role, therefore, will be communicating with tender managers effectively and discussing issues related to project/contract change, order cost and extra service related billing.
Key tasks will include:
- Devising profit improvement plans to assist in evaluating new PIP plans including implementation plans for business growth
- Developing and implementing tracking systems to forecast cost per project
- Monitoring and managing costs for new and existing projects
- Pricing new business opportunities, including all direct and indirect costs, and overall competitive profit margin
- Developing monthly sales pipeline and sales forecasting
- Developing and delivering detailed equipment analysis for contract projects
- Coordinating with management for future project/contract planning
- Ensuring cost reporting, job cost processes and accounting issues are coordinated with business finance controls
- Assisting with gathering data for meetings and provide accurate project cost analysis that will influence decisions necessary to manage the project cost/contract
- Service costing, and service changes, determining start-up costs, capital expenditure, which could be absorbed by the business and not the the client, ensuring long term business gains and competitive pricing
- Assisting in creation and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
Minimum Undergaduate Degree in Finance, Business Administration or other similar
Skills / Experience
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written for presenting and report-writing
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Strong teamworking skills
- Good understanding and experience of using MS Office, particularly MS Excel
In house training offered, by Business Development team and Finance. Also the business would support any further education qualifications that would benefit the business and candidate.
As part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the ScotGrad team and may have access to training.
As part of ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme, the successful candidate will have access to a free two day business and employability skills residential course and also benefit from ongoing support from the ScotGrad team throughout the duration of the placement.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Established in 2001, Sercon Support Services Ltd is an ambitious and growing SME specialising in facilities management solutions providing a range of soft services including security, contract cleaning, waste management, building maintenance, void property clearance and specialist cleaning. We provide our range of expertise to public bodies (Social Housing Providers, Local Authorities, Education and NHS) and private security clients (Commercial, Property Management, Retail, Industrial and Construction), across Scotland and North of England, with our services delivered as either individual contracts or integrated packages, offering our customers a complete facilities solution. Vision Sercon Support Services will be a leading service provider in Cleaning, Security and FM solutions within the Public and Commercial Sectors by 2016. Values: We will do this through evaluation and continuous improvement for Our Customers, Our People and Our Communities. - Our Customers: Consistently providing reliable, cost effective and excellent service - Our People: Investing in our people. Be a great place to work where our people are inspired to be the best they can be - Our Communities – Supporting our communities, creating employment for local people.
Enabling Technology ICT
Company website: http://www.serconltd.co.uk