0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
- Ref code
Scottish Shellfish which has a turnover of around £24m has a customer base that is predominately serving retail customers in the UK including M&S, Sainsburys and Waitrose. We are looking to hire a production management-focused graduate for an initial 12-month placement. The role will cover the spectrum of production management, with a focus on improvement of the productivity of the various production and packing lines through specific projects identifying and targeting specific outcomes.
You will report in to the Process Control Manager and you will assist in the management and execution of the projects identified to improve the targeted lines efficiency. This will involve but not limited to the organisation of labour, materials and equipment to achieve the desired outcomes. In addition, a full understanding of production standards for each product will be required which will allow for the review and analysis of production efficiencies for each department will be an integral part of the role.
You will play a key role in improving our production management processes which will be implemented to drive efficiencies right across our various production and packing lines.
- Assist the Process Control Manager in the day to day management of live projects
- Work with the project team to scope and identify new projects
- To understand the production standards and limiting factors that determine them for each product
- Routinely review, analyse and track performance of each product within the department
- To be able to report on and present the objectives and outcomes of the live projects to the wider business
- Developing an understanding of the Health & Safety requirements when overseeing operational activities in respect of staff during project activities
HND or Degree in business related discipline would be a good fit for the role, however we welcome applications from all graduates, providing you are demonstrating your ability to meet the essential criteria for the role
Skills / Experience
- Production management focused
- Numerical literacy
- Comfortable meeting deadlines
- Comfortable and able to contribute working in a team dynamic
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent self-management skills
- Established IT skills, especially Excel
- Hardworking and committed attitude to managing tasks
- Results orientated
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
w/c 19th August 2019
2nd September 2019
Scottish Shellfish Marketing Group is the UK’s leading supplier of rope-grown mussels and cultivated Pacific oysters.
Our farmers produce mussels and oysters of the highest quality in the pristine seas of the West coast of Scotland and the Shetland Isles. Our mussels are grown on ropes hanging in the sea, ensuring they are succulent and sweet tasting.
Food and Drink
Company website: http://www.scottishshellfish.co.uk/