Commercial/NPD Project Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
£19,000 - £21,000
- Ref code
Scottish Shellfish which has a turnover of around £24m has a customer base that is predominately serving retail customers in the UK including M&S, Sainsburys and Waitrose. We are looking to hire a commercially-focused graduate for an initial 12-month placement. The role will help provide support to our commercial and new product development team in a year ahead that will see a project of intense innovation being planned.
In the next year, Scottish Shellfish is planning an extensive and exciting innovation project. This will be focused on increasing our product offer to our key customers to both increase top line sale as well as gain a bigger share of the seafood market.
Innovation will come from reinventing some of our current offer but more importantly bringing new shellfish products to the market. We require an enthusiastic graduate who will be able to support our commercial team in the development and launch of these new products.
The role will demand someone with good project skills who can support the critical path process from concept to launch.
To provide graduate level support to assist in the implementation of an extensive year of innovation and product development at SSMG.
- To assist in the development stage of an extensive product launch programme at Scottish Shellfish. This will include helping in customer research, store surveys, sample preparations (acquiring ingredient / packaging from third party suppliers), organising delivery to customers and on some occasions shadowing our commercial team on customer visits as required
- Support commercial team on customer presentations which will include exposure to the building of product costings
- To support the NPD team in all parts of the critical path to launch of new products including admin support
- To assist as required with customer site visits preparations
- To help with factory trial management as products are scaled up
HND or Degree in business related discipline would be a good fit for the role, however we welcome applications from all graduates, providing you are demonstrate your ability to meet the essential criteria for the role.
Skills / Experience
- Numerical literacy
- Project management experience
- Comfortable meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent self-management skills
- Established IT skills, especially Excel
- Hardworking and committed attitude to managing tasks
- Results orientated
- Keen interest in food industry
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Bellshill, North Lanarkshire
21st October 2019
Scottish Shellfish Marketing Group is the UK’s leading supplier of rope-grown mussels and cultivated Pacific oysters.
Our farmers produce mussels and oysters of the highest quality in the pristine seas of the West coast of Scotland and the Shetland Isles. Our mussels are grown on ropes hanging in the sea, ensuring they are succulent and sweet tasting.
Food and Drink
Company website: http://www.scottishshellfish.co.uk/