Graduate Marketing Assistant
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
£20,000 - £22,000
- Ref code
Rockin Vans is a growing campervan business. We have recently launched an online shop selling camping parts and accessories and are looking for a bright and talented graduate to help us with an important business project which aims to increase awareness of our business and brand, with current and potentially new, target audiences. We are based in Hurlford, in East Ayrshire and the placement is for 12 months.
Following a recent review of our marketing activities, we are now looking for commercially-focused graduate who can support the Marketing Director in setting up, enriching and maintaining product data, writing copy and taking images. As well as researching and setting competitive pricing. Combined, this project will assist us with our growth and longer term productivity plans.
You will bring your recently acquired skills and knowledge to help us implement and deliver a new marketing strategy, to build the brand and gain new business.
- Assist the Marketing Director in sourcing new and exciting products for the website
- Set up products for publication on the websites, management of all attribute data which drive effective product listing filtering and customer journeys
- Enrichment of thousands of products per year in content management system for display on Rockin Vans websites
- Source, edit and upload c. thousands product images per year
- Photograph and stage images when stock images are not available
- Research products to ensure pricing is competitive
- Revisit all active product monthly to source additional new images and copy which have become available
- Help manage the Social Media for Rockin Vans brand
- Write blogs and engaging online content for Rockin Vans rentals and conversions
- Help maintain 3 different websites
- Represent Rockin Vans at different exhibitions and show where necessary
HND or Degree in Marketing/Business, would be ideal for this role.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write compelling and engaging product copy in line with SEO best practice and process
- Understanding of current marketing best practice in both digital and traditional techniques
- Product photography experience
- Confident user of photoshop
- Outstanding relationship building skills to coordinate with the rest of the Rockin Vans team and Product Vendors.
- Possess a strong eye for detail on all tasks
- Commercial mind-set in approach
- First class personal management skills
- Established IT skills
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
- Past experience of managing an online shop
- Interest in Campervans or camping
Rockin Vans is a young and vibrant company, we work hard and play hard. When you work for RV you get full access to all of our motorhome and camper fleet, we actively encourage staff to take them away and enjoy our great country.
In addition, we offer amazing company days out. Previous days out include Loch Lomond 4x4 adventure, speedboat tours, gala dinner in London, watersports and Glen Coe camping trip.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Hurlford, East Ayrshire
25th June 2018
Our aim at Rockin Vans is simple: to help customers create their own memories, go on their own adventures, get off the track and experience the best that our country has to offer. Rockin Vans is a company inspired by the desire to see what's over the hill or around the bend in the road. Its purpose is to aid and enhance the curiosity of people from near and far.
Company website: www.rockinvans.co.uk