Operations Project Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
£19,000 - £22,000
- Ref code
The marketing graduate placement at Prontoport is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to join a small but ambitious service and training company that serves the fast growth and dynamic wind sector. We are looking for a talented and committed graduate to lead on the creation of a number of new engineering and operations processes to support our growth plans. This is a 12 month placement initially and will be based in Irvine, North Ayrshire.
This project will help us to create more robust, standardised engineering and operational processes within our business, which will greatly improve efficiency and quality of our service offering to the market. Success will be determined by improvements in our time to quote new jobs, time to deploy teams / equipment and improvements in productive time on site.
During your placement, you will take the lead on delivering creating a range of new engineering and operations related processes to support the ongoing growth plans within the business.
The role will report to the Engineering and Operations Manager at Prontoport. To gain the required levels of understanding of the dynamics within the business to ensure smooth project delivery, you will also have some exposure to the day-to-day operational activities.
These new processes would include:
- Creating a database of standardised inspection report templates
- Creating standardised bill of materials for various different service jobs
- Review and update the HR database of previous and prospective recruits
- Source and implement new project planning software / tools
- Create and implement standardised operational project tracking tools – showing progress against cost, time, quality and safety milestones
- Create a database / tool for lessons learned post projects including developing case studies
- Various other ad hoc processes / systems to be put in place to systematise / standardise the engineering and operational functions within Prontoport
HND or Degree qualified in appropriate discipline, such as Engineering or Business Management
Skills / Experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to plan your workload and deliver against deadlines
- Commercial focus
- Outstanding personal management skills
- Analytical skills to assess project costs, timelines
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
- Engineering or QS background
We are a growing and ambitious company operating in the renewables sector and with this graduate placement, you will have the rare opportunity to deliver real projects across the full range of engineering and operations areas. This will provide you with huge scope for personal and professional growth.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Irvine, North Ayrshire
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
5th November 2018
Prontoport is a provider of support services to clients throughout the asset life cycle, and delivers the highest standard of service from construction through to operations.
We offer Inspection and Maintenance services that can provide a comprehensive solution for your asset integrity and maintenance requirements. Our focus is on delivering these services to the wind power sector and other key process industries.
Energy Low Carbon Renewables
Company website: https://www.prontoport.co.uk/