Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
Edinburgh and Lothians
£22,000 - £25,000
- Ref code
Premier Hytemp is a global market leader in the manufacture and supply of engineered metal solutions. We have recently secured a very large order for an international client for a new product line to be delivered over the next 12 months and as such are looking to add a recent Engineering Graduate to our Manufacturing Engineering team to help drive the required innovation within the company to help us deliver this project.
This is a key project for the business and the principle aim is to develop new internal process to support new product development and internal roll out of new technology, to provide the business with a unique specialism in non-destructive testing.
You will deploy your recently acquired skills, knowledge and expertise to provide graduate-level support to the Engineering Team in the development and execution of a new Product line for our International markets.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop new process around Product Line adding to our in-house manufacturing capability
- Specifically, look into process flow using LEAN Manufacturing Methodology
- Plan and engineer the production jobs for manufacture ensuring the most effective and efficient production route and method to meet customer’s agreed requirements
- Provide technical and engineering support to the UK business and its customers
- Interpret customer technical specifications and drawings to develop and agree company Manufacturing Process Specifications / Manufacturing Process Quality Procedures
- Develop, agree and maintain company technical planning tools and data
- Participate in Pre Production Meetings with customers and Third Party Inspection bodies to ensure the business scope of supply meets with our capabilities and the requirements of customer and industry specifications
- Participate in company continuous improvement programmes particularly looking at methods of manufacture improvement, new innovations and techniques
You will be degree qualified in Engineering, preferably in a Materials or Mechanical discipline related discipline.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge in the processing and manufacturing of metal components for the aerospace, nuclear and oil and gas sectors
- Flexible and adaptable to an ever changing business environment
- Commercially aware and innovative
- Able to work collaboratively across the organisation
- Organised, accurate and able to work to deadlines
- Self motivated and eager to learn
- Computer literate
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Newbridge, nr Edinburgh
6th December 2019
We offer a complete end-to-end service tailored to our specific Customer requirements. From specialist materials to finished components, we deliver exceptional supply chain management and customer service as standard. We forge long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with customers worldwide, servicing their complex needs from our state-of-the-art facilities in the UK, Singapore and Malaysia
Energy Oil and Gas
Company website: www.premierhytemp.com