HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
Inverness and Surrounds
£8.75 per hour.
- Ref code
Based in Alness in the Highlands, Porex is global manufacturer and exporter of high technology polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membrane material used in Medical, Life science and electronics markets.
There is now the opportunity for a 12-week student placement to develop an app that can be used by customers and Porex staff to help select the best product to meet their application needs.
The successful candidate will develop an app which will automate the customer product selection process.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Conduct analysis of the current paper based system and procedures.
- Design and create of the app, ensuring it is compliant for commercial use.
- Debug and test the app that has been developed.
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales colleagues to ensure the app is operationally fit for purpose.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Andrew Maclennan on 01349 885073.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Open to all current HNC, HND and undergraduate degree students studying who will return to their studies after the summer. Graduates will also be considered for this placement, please contact the ScotGrad team directly on 01463 383225
Qualifications related to Computing Science would be preferred, however other candidates will be considered provided they have the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- High standard of IT literacy
- Experience of developing for IOS / Android platforms
- Knowledge of testing and debugging of applications.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports.
- Knowledge of marketing and brand awareness.
- Programming and APP building experience.
- Excellent communication skills for networking with other internal business groups.
- Good time management.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Presentation skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make gain valuable experience in a global manufacturing business.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Student Placement Programme is the tailored 2-day residential business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of students, graduates and ScotGrad alumni.
Operating in 65 countries, Porex has applied its extensive porous plastic material science, product design, and custom plastic manufacturing expertise to designing unique porous solutions that overcome complex project challenges and enable quicker product launches. Healthcare, consumer, and industrial market leaders around the world rely on Genuine Porex™ custom plastic manufacturing components because of the high reproducibility of our manufacturing processes, which ensure that the billionth part is the same as the first.
Tech or Advanced Engineering (TAE)
Company website: www.porex.com