Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Inverness and Surrounds
£20,000 to £24,000 depending on experience
- Ref code
Based in Alness, Pat Munro is a multi-discipline contractor, who have a wealth of experience in all manner of contracts and have grown steadily to become a recognised force in civil engineering and utility sectors.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to assist with the implementation of various systems to improve internal processes and increase efficiency.
The successful candidate will help implement new improved IT systems in line with the company’s strategic growth plans, to reduce administration and provide increased availability of information.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Implement a new Project management software, to target paperless and vastly improve the information flow within all construction related departments
- Implement a new paperless, secure HR system using workflows and online forms
- Implement new Weighbridge Software to digitise all Aggregate and Quarry sales.
- Streamline existing accounting functions and software systems in line with the growing business.
- Provide up to date Key Performance Indicator reporting and dashboards across the company in financial and operation areas.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Kerry Wilkie on 01349 882377.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree level, preferably related to IT, Programming or Business Studies. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills
Skills / Experience
- High degree of confidence with database applications and software.
- Analytical approach to business issues.
- Organised approach to working on many ongoing tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some familiarity with accounting concepts and reporting.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Programming Skills.
- SQL Skills.
- Good presentation skills.
The successful candidate will receive training on relevant software packages, and business analysis skills.
An integral part of this programme is a tailored 4-day ScotGrad residential graduate business skills training course. The placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Established in 1945, Pat Munro are one of the largest private contractors currently operating in the Highlands. Pat Munro operate their own quarries, manufacture their own road stone and concrete and are recognised experts in property development, road haulage and waste disposal.
Company website: http://www.patmunro.co.uk