Graduate Development Technician
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Management business development and logistics
Inverness and Surrounds
£20,000 per annum
- Ref code
Based in Alness, Pat Munro are one of the largest private contractors currently operating in the Scottish Highlands, with a wealth of experience in both the civil engineering and utility sectors.
They are seeking a 12-month graduate placement to review and develop a range of Asphalt and ready mix concrete products incorporating re-cycled material, alongside developing systems/procedures for compliance testing.
The successful candidate will play a key role in establishing new testing regimes within the quality assurance management system, and in developing a new product range to reduce production costs and maximise profitability.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Undertake a GAP analysis of the quarry technical department systems/procedures.
- Develop systems and procedures based on the findings of GAP analysis.
- Research into the use of recycled materials in both asphalt and concrete products and presentation on the findings.
- Technical review of product range for asphalt and ready mix concrete products.
- Rollout of procedures and systems to quarry technical dept.
- Review of systems and procedures.
- Implement additional amendments to systems/procedures (if needed)
- Recycled constituent trials (dependent on research findings)
- End of project assessment report.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Daniel Johns on 01349882377.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum HNC, preferably related to Science, Engineering, Geology. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent IT skills.
- Confident, self-motivated individual with a good work ethic.
- Methodical approach with good analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
- Valid driving licence.
- Familiarity with quarry products.
- Technical knowledge/experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working for a well-established, multi-discipline contractor. All relevant training and development opportunities will be provided.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Founded in 1945, Pat Munro is a privately owned multi-discipline contractor based in Alness in the Highlands of Scotland. They manufacture roadstone and concrete, and are recognised experts in property development, road haulage and waste disposal.
Company website: http://www.patmunro.co.uk