Graduate Design Engineer
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
- Ref code
Due to ongoing demand from our other depots, Palfinger UK Falkirk is looking to hire a talented graduate engineer to take on the task of integrating working practices and standard operating procedures from other depots into our Falkirk depot. This is a 12 month placement initially.
Palfinger UK Falkirk depot has been tasked with the production of subframe structures for other UK depots. Although already producing subframes within their own premises, the Falkirk depot requires a graduate engineer to liaise with other depots regarding working practices and operating procedures to ensure full integration and compliance. Initially, you will also be required to design and prove sub structures for the installation of lorry loaders and work towards having a standard template to minimize lead times of drawings.
The project goal is to provide an efficient, effective solution and justify any possibility of efficiency savings. You should be able to identify waste in processes and procedures during the design process and collate a plan to effectively reducing waste and increasing efficiency.
In addition to the above, you will gain vital experience within procurement, sales, workshop and commercial awareness.
You will deploy your recently acquired skills, knowledge and expertise to help us integrate established and effective working practices and standard operating procedures from other depots into our Falkirk operation.
- Liaise with Palfinger UK depots for standard operating procedures and drawings
- Review drawings and procedures for any potential efficiency savings or improvements
- Use of Solidworks to create standard drawings and FEA calculations for ranges of subframes to avoid “custom” builds for every job
- Ensure integration and compliance of procedures and drawings for the implementation period
- An appropriate Engineering or Product Design Degree
- Maths, English and Physics (or Technological Studies) qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Proficient at using CAD software (SolidWorks and AutoCAD preferable)
- Solidworks FEA proficiency
- IT literate in Microsoft Office
- Aptitude to prioritise own task with occasional instruction, in order to execute duties to a satisfactory end
- Awareness of budget spends
- Continuous Improvement / Quality knowledge i.e. Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to use initiative in order to problem solve
- Pleasant and approachable manner
- Ability to establish good relationships and work as part of a team
- Flexible approach with willingness to work occasional overtime to meet the operational requirements of the business
You will benefit from experience and training in a wide range of fields as well as gaining valuable industry experience.
- Frame Design
- Finite Element Analysis
- Hydraulics Design
- Auto Electrics
- Product Manufacturing
- Product Budgets
- Commercial Awareness
In addition, you will receive 30 days paid holiday per year and after probationary period, you can access our Company Pension Company Sick Pay schemes.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
7th October 2019
We are the official UK distributor for Palfinger lorry cranes and Epsilon construction, recycling and forestry cranes and branded ancillary equipment.
Built on almost 30 years experience of Palfinger lorry crane distribution as part of the T H WHITE group, along with the acquisition of Outreach Truck Ltd in 2018, Palfinger UK is the largest national lorry crane provider that offers in-house assembly, bespoke body-building and servicing.
Company website: www.palfinger.co.uk