Social Business Development Graduate
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Management business development and logistics
£20,750 per annum
- Ref code
Orkney Blide Trust is a charity dedicated to providing community-based support for individuals with mental health issues. The Trust is based in Kirkwall, Orkney and offers a range of activities for members to get involved in.
There is now the opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to develop the catering and gardening enterprises within the Trust, increasing their sustainability for the future.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Cost the delivery of goods and services offered by the gardening and catering enterprises.
- Review current pricing for the gardening and catering services provided.
- Undertake market research and identify current and future opportunities for revenue generation for each enterprise.
- Undertake an options appraisal for the opportunities identified to assess viability in terms of funding.
- Collaborate with other social enterprises to identify where improvements can be made to the current organisational structure and staffing.
- Develop a business plan for each enterprise.
- Develop a 3-year Marketing Strategy, incorporating a social media plan.
- Produce a report with recommendations, incorporating finding of the research and future opportunities identified.
- Handover document.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Frazer Campbell on 01856 874874.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree level. All subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of project management and business planning.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, and social media for business use.
- Ability to appraise options.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to self-manage and work on own initiative, but also as part of a team.
- Commitment to project completion.
- Ability to collaborate and build networks.
- Awareness of HR practices.
- Knowledge of catering and horticulture.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to meet and work with other third sector organisations in Orkney and to gain valuable experience in this field.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Orkney Blide Trust is a voluntary organisation offering services for people with mental health issues and their carers across Orkney.
Company website: https://www.blidetrust.org.uk/