Graduate Technology Support Officer
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Inverness and Surrounds
£24,000 per annum, pro-rata
- Ref code
Based in Inverness, MIME Technologies develop mobile technology for emergency medical response onboard commercial and business aircraft.
We are looking to grow our small but energetic team and are seeking a 9-month graduate placement to assist with technology developments and the implementation journey for customers.
MIME Technologies aims to become a leading UK provider of mobile software specifically designed for medical first response, delivering valuable support to anyone remote from professional medical care.
The successful candidate will assist in ensuring our medical device meets stringent avionics safety standards and participate in the technology roll-out to customers.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Development and maintenance of a technical file, documenting processes for quality management, technology test plans and test data. Devise additional test plans (e.g. evaluating software updates), capturing relevant data and writing succinct reports.
- Help to ensure the logistics of delivering the service run efficiently, supporting customers.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please Alasdair Mort on 07967 825 823.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree Level. All subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Research skills - the ability to write test methods, capture test data efficiently and accurately, and communicate these data verbally and using documentation.
- Knowledge of software coding and testing.
- Experience of supporting customers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, contributing fresh ideas and innovation working in a small team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competent using Microsoft Office packages (mainly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Previous experience of working in the aviation industry would be an advantage, but not essential.
We are a small (but growing!) company. With that comes energy and flexibility in terms of the way you work and working with all key company staff on a daily basis, having your views and opinions heard. We also value training opportunities where they meet the needs of the business and budget.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
MIME Technologies designs innovative, affordable digital technology to support people during medical emergencies. Our team have expertise in aviation medicine, physiology and computing science - essential for developing industry leading medical emergency solutions for high altitude environments.
Company website: www.mimetechnologies.com