0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
£18,000 - £20,000
- Ref code
Lochcarron is in the process of developing a new approach to marketing. We have had support from Scottish Enterprise to investigate our brand and business and we now wish to build on that work. We wish to develop new marketing campaigns and collateral. We wish to engage in both existing and new channels for our business in the UK and overseas. This is a 12 month placement, based in Selkirk in the Scottish Borders.
The main purpose of this project is to assist Lochcarron to grow and realise a profit through the development and implementation of our marketing and brand strategy. It is imperative that we seek out a high calibre individual to fulfil this new role. You will be expected to inform and help drive a yearlong project aimed at increasing our profile in the channels including digital.
The overriding aim being to increase brand awareness and understanding. Ultimately we also wish to drive our audience back to our website for more a more in depth understanding of our business and its positioning. Our focus is on developing a strong brand and a consistent customer journey.
- Develop, agree and report upon KPI’s
- Develop and maintain an awareness of industry trends and customer needs
- Identification, documentation and management of website marketing improvements (traffic generation strategies)
- Develop your understanding and maintain an awareness of keyword research tools
- Develop your understanding and maintain customised Analytics reports
- Develop your understanding and use of Google webmaster tools
- Implementation of recommended in-house activities as outlined in the marketing strategy
- Develop, agree and report upon marketing KPI’s
- Establish the relevant channels agreed in social media plan
- Identify all sources of social media content
- Prioritise and manage the development of agreed social media content
- Publish social media content (including online PR) in accordance with agreed social media plan
- Measure and report upon effectiveness of social media campaigns
The Marketing Graduate will be responsible for the effective development and growth of the identified Lochcarron strategic aims.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with the Lochcarron team and other key stakeholders to identify and prioritise opportunities and activities that best support the both the business and marketing strategy
- Liaise with management ensuring all marketing and social media project activities are signed off
- Develop and maintain a project plan to ensure that all project activities are delivered on time and within budget
- Provide regular reporting (monthly) on progress towards agreed targets
HND or Degree qualified in appropriate marketing or business discipline would be ideal for this placement.
Skills / Experience
You should have graduated in a relevant textiles design discipline or marketing discipline. You will be able to demonstrate through coursework and work placement a thorough understanding of the opportunity presented by marketing and have a robust understanding of the channels to market.
An ideal candidate would have a strong skill set over the following areas:
- An interest in all aspects of marketing
- Social media experience (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Excellent grammar, communication skills and confident written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Photoshop (InDesign and Illustrator)
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise tasks to meet a range of deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Creative copywriting skills to create content to share as a blog and other engaging social media content
- Ability to capture photos to use on marketing campaigns, flyers, social media and the website.
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Competency based interviews will be held in early May 2019. You will be asked in advance to undertake a task for presentation at interview.
Company website: www.lochcarron.co.uk