Marketing and Sales Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
£20,000 - £24,000
- Ref code
Engineering business Kigtek is looking to hire a talented and committed graduate to work alongside our Business Development Manager with the aim of completely overhauling all company marketing and sales facilities and collateral. This is a 12 month placement initially and will be based in Bellshill, North Lanarkshire.
This project is to research and develop appropriate website and social media updates and content to better represent the business. This will involve gathering information from various internal resources, collating and developing content for the various media.
Additionally, we propose to generate various templates to ensure an ongoing consistent approach to provide regular updates to our media.
Our business strategy is to diversify into other market sectors and customer base. As the business continues to grow and diversify this is becoming increasingly important in attracting and securing new opportunities and business.
Success will be measured by monitoring enquiry levels and conversion to business opportunities.
The role will be reporting to the Business Development Manager and will be 75% office based and 25% of time spent with customers or at exhibitions.
You will be expected to work to deadlines, be self motivated and able to work from your own initiative.
Working with the BDM and other Technical colleagues to:
- Develop templates for regular social media updates,
- Own and drive social media content through effective internal engagement and market awareness,
- Assist with website ongoing development and content management,
- Assist with development of company brochure,
- Assist with development of templates for marketing flyers and application stories,
- Development of marketing flyers and application stories
- Management and upkeep of the business CRM system,
- Prepare, compose and develop new project quotations to a high standard, utilising existing templates,
- Manage logistics of sales quotations ensuring deadlines are met,
- Attend industry events to promote Kigtek capabilities and build new relationships
HND or Degree in appropriate discipline, ideally Marketing or Business related.
Skills / Experience
- Proficient in MS Office packages including Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Full, clean driving licence
- Strong communicator both verbally and written
- Pro-active, enthusiastic attitude and highly self-motivated
- Previous experience in a similar sales or marketing environment
- Technical sales experience
- 33 days annual leave (including statutory days) rising to 35 with service
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Extensive marketing and full sales lifecycle experience
- Potential for full time employment
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Bellshill, North Lanarkshire
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Late March 2019
Kigtek are an Engineering firm based in Bellshill, North Lanarkshire who specialise in industrial control system, software and electrical engineering. Our customer base is predominantly in the UK spirit distilling and power sectors however we are growing in other market areas including overseas opportunities.
Tech or Advanced Engineering (TAE)
Company website: www.kigtek.com