Sales and Marketing Assistant
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Edinburgh and Lothians
£16,000 - £18,000
- Ref code
We are looking for a skilled Graduate Sales and Marketing Assistant to undertake a 12 month placement, aimed at helping to drive sales and support the delivery of the marketing plan. The role is primarily tele-sales focused with an emphasis on developing the awareness of the brand with potential clients and the distribution chain to help convert leads.
Jupiter Play is aiming to grow its sports division and create ‘buzz’ amongst end users and their parents, as well as with clients such as local authorities, charities and potential trade partners, primarily using proactive PR and online marketing including social media. We will also select appropriate trade shows and other networking events in its key target markets and areas at which to exhibit in order to raise its profile.
In order to manage these initiatives and activities we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and talented graduate, who can help us deliver on our ambitions and meet our targets.
The Sales & Marketing Assistant is a key role to drive sales and support the delivery of the marketing plan. The role is primarily sales focused with an emphasis on developing the awareness of the brand with potential clients and the distribution chain to help convert leads.
Duties for this key role will include assisting the General Manager to achieve key marketing targets through campaign planning and delivery including social media, ezines, events and exhibitions.
- Work together with the General Manager to ensure the delivery of key sales and marketing campaigns and general administration of the business
- Running telephone campaigns following up on live leads from campaigns, this could be from emails or events
- Booking appointments for Jupiter or Proludic sales staff from leads
- Campaign Management
- Coordinate and monitor mailing & ezine campaigns to existing and potential customers
- Event planning such as exhibitions and seminars, ensuring everything is planned, events run smoothly with all collateral and marketing support in place
- Data Management – ensuring all data is cleansed after a campaign, including email bounces are checked and leavers are cleansed from the system
- Update Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin etc. Making sure our coverage in this area is up to date relevant and drives traffic to the website or to contact us
- Research the key exhibitions, events and printed material that are relevant to the sector to help build the marketing plan
- Proactive research into competitors
- Proactive training (supported by a training plan by the GM) on using Salesforce.com, iContact and the latest techniques in email marketing and social media campaigns
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree
Skills / Experience
- A knowledge base of marketing and brand development.
- Possess a 'can do' attitude and be a natural team player
- Friendly and helpful manner
- A refined and confident telephone manner
- Being comfortable meeting tight deadlines with a constant keen eye for detail
- Previous experience in a call centre or tele-sales role where you have developed a confident phone manner
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and fun team of people who have lots of experience in their field and are looking to give someone the opportunity to bring their marketing skills and initiative to this exciting role.
This placement may result in permanent employment once the placement has finished.
As part of ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme, the successful candidate will have access to a free two day business and employability skills residential course and also benefit from ongoing support from the ScotGrad team throughout the duration of the placement.
As an independent, design led company our goal is to create inspiring play and sport spaces – wherever that may be – in public parks, schools, housing developments or within leisure facilities and attractions. Our focus as award-winning designers is in selecting landscape features and equipment that is right for each individual project.
Company website: www.jupiterplay.co.uk