SLSIP 2019 - Skills Team Intern
0 Application(s) to date
- Closing Date:
Science and environment
- Ref code
IBioIC has a fantastic opportunity available for a science graduate to be based with our management team at our site in Glasgow city centre. This 12-week placement will see the successful candidate located within the Skills Team of IBioIC. The successful candidate will work closely with the Skills Programme Manager and Training and Placement Coordinator to deliver our MSc, PhD and CPD programmes. The role is varied in nature and will allow the successful candidate to gain insight into the wider activities of an innovation centre.
- Assist the Skills team on the logistical and administrative aspects of delivering IBioIC’s MSc Industrial Biotechnology and PhD training programmes
- Input and manage data on the online CRM system (Salesforce) and learning portals (MyPlace)
- Assist with skills team marketing and communication activities
- Lead on the organisation of an information day for the Chinese Pharmaceutical University delegation
- Undertake research in relation to new developments in IBioIC’s Skills programme
- Undertake any other tasks as required by the Skills Team
- To provide the intern with an understanding of Skills Team activities and the direction of skills development in relation to IB at a national scale
- To contribute to Skills activities ensuring the effective engagement and support of IBioIC students
- To provide the intern with experience of CRM system (Salesforce) and an understanding of reporting requirements in the University sector
- To provide the intern with an understanding of the delivery of higher and further education in Scotland and an opportunity to engage with the academic community
- To provide an opportunity for the intern to develop their organisational, project and event management skills
- To give the student an opportunity to work independently on new development areas for the Skills Team
See placement summary and description.
This programme is for 1st, 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students studying a Life Science degree in Scotland. Please click here to see if your course is eligible. You can only apply for a maximum of 3 placements, so please research the roles thoroughly before submitting your CV.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management
- Willing manner and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as a team
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office systems
- Experience of events organisation
- Experience of presenting to an audience
- Experience of using customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Experience of training delivery
Invaluable experience gained in a fast moving emerging industry with the opportunity to liaise with biotechnology companies and academics in the field. We are a small, friendly, sociable team and working with us will open up a wide range of opportunities for training and learning from staff with extensive knowledge of the industry.
Glasgow City Centre
Funded by the Scottish Funding Council with support from Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, the Innovation Centre programme was first launched back in 2014. IBioIC’s role, as a specialist in the Industrial Biotechnology (IB) sector, is to stimulate the growth of the IB sector in Scotland to £900 million by 2025.
Our strategic areas of focus are:
- Providing Strategic Leadership
- Developing New Value Chains
- Investing in IB
- Accelerating Commercialisation
- Skilling the Workforce
Company website: www.ibioic.com