Graduate IT Systems Analyst
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
£22,000 - £26,000 (pro rata)
- Ref code
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT graduate to help maximise efficiencies within IKM Testing’s International Division through software analysis, development and implementation.
The placement will be based out of IKM Testing's Westhill facility on the western suburbs of Aberdeen, developing and implementing software solutions across its International Division, starting with the Westhill office. The expected duration of the placement is 6-9 months and will be full-time.
IKM Testing are currently implementing an ERP system, Microsoft AX, however it has become apparent that the ERP will not cover critical areas within the business, primarily being market growth, account management, revenue forecasting, resource planning, and company-wide action trackers, which are needed to help IKM grow and manage its business more effectively. The project will be split into three stages, with the option to extend the project to other offices within the International Division:
Stage 1 - Information gathering and investigation
Stage 2 - Recommendations
Stage 3 - Implementation and support
The overall objectives of the project are to help IKM maximise efficiencies through software improvement and development, in order to allow for increased revenue growth and profitability across the International Division; improve integration where possible between software applications; and improve accessibility and transfer of information across the International Division.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with all areas of the business to gain a full understanding of the business software needs and processes
- Complete a thorough review of the existing software being utilised e.g. Smartsheet, Microsoft Excel, Global Web (training & competency), Intelex (managing QHSE tasks)
- Gain an understanding of the issues being encountered, separating the must have requirements from the nice to haves
- Identify and investigate software solutions whether through improved use of existing software; tools within the MS Office 365 suite; alternative off-the-shelf cost-effective software; other more bespoke software
- Prepare and deliver presentation to senior management outlining the company requirements; an overview of the software investigated; recommendations for software solutions that will provide both cost and time savings, as well as alignment with the needs of the business
- Develop implementation plan for approved recommendations and support the full integration of changes across the company
- Where required, implement throughout the International Division
An appropriate degree in IT software.
Skills / Experience
- Full understanding of the Office 365 suite of applications and alternative software solutions
- Self-starter and proactive
- Good understanding of software applications
- Good communicator with the confidence to challenge and question the status quo
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Smartsheet would be an advantage
Gain an understanding of an oil & gas service company.
Attractive holiday, pension and company sick pay schemes.
Possibility of international travel.
Discounts with local businesses; Union Square shopping mall; and corporate gym membership discounts.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
30th September 2019
IKM Testing (UK) Limited, established in 1998, is a UK registered company and part of the IKM Group, with facilities in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, and Cramlington, North East England. IKM provides a range of integrated services to the onshore and offshore oil and gas, petrochemical, and energy industries, with service lines including; Pipeline and Process; Well Services; Valve Services; Training and Competency; and Design and Engineering.
The international division of IKM is also based in Westhill. Therefore, direction and a range of support operations are managed from the Aberdeen base out to other IKM Testing and subsidiary entities around the world, as and when required. The support package includes collating and reporting performance to IKM Group as deemed appropriate, assisting with audits and ISO compliance matters, providing equipment and personnel, as well as bespoke engineering support to client projects and assisting in research, design and development and training initiatives as deemed appropriate.
Energy Oil and Gas
Company website: https://www.ikm.com/ikmtestinguk/