Business Development Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
£18,000 - £20,000
- Ref code
Highland Fayre, Scotland’s largest and most experienced gift hamper company, is offering an excellent opportunity to assist us with two key business/marketing improvement projects, one of which will see you playing a key role at the start of an exciting new rum brand launch. This 12 month placement, based in Perth, would be ideal for someone with a marketing, business management and customer facing/service background.
We are at the start of an exciting period of diversification and we are looking at this project to support us in that aim, whilst helping grow the existing business.
There are two main aims to this placement:
- As part of your placement, you would be focused on improving Highland Fayre's B2B UK profile. Specifically, this could include, generating interest in our large gift range, producing quotes, providing samples and obtaining artwork approval where required.
- Undaunted Ltd (sister company) also intends to bring a new brand of rum to market in 2019. You will assist in promoting the brand through various marketing activities. This would include market research, social media, attending events/festivals, developing business with the licensed off-trade and on-trade sector in the UK.
The above project themes will involve B2B marketing (especially digital marketing), promotional activities (exhibitions/showcases), networking and short video production.
To reduce our dependence upon Christmas trading (hampers) which currently dominates our turnover (approx. 85% Oct/Nov/Dec) by creating strong all year trading activities which compliment our skill sets. We are looking to generate positive cash flow during our off-peak season and therefore contribute to the family group's bottom line.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Market research activities
- Promotional and marketing activities
- Business development and direct sales
- Account management
- Web content management
- Social media activity (including videography)
- Sales administration improvements
- Providing customer service and after sales
You will ideally have an HND or Degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Business Management
Skills / Experience
- Good with people (including networking)
- Confidence to deal with customers (phone and face-to-face)
- Excellent IT skills
- Retail experience (for new product events etc)
- Accomplished telephone manner
- Outstanding written English skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service/Account Management experience
- Organised and self-motivated
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Research skills
- Social media savvy
- Experience in bars/clubs and within a retail environment (for the rum launch)
- Positive and outgoing
- Good at working within a small team (i.e. we are a small family business not a large PLC)
- Interest/experience in videography
Friendly family business established in 1985. You will be joining a very experienced small team where you will be encouraged to learn and take on responsibility (rather than being a small cog in a large wheel!).
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
15th April 2019
Highland Fayre Ltd is one of Scotland’s largest and most experienced business gift companies based in Perth. In 1997 we created our first web site www.highlandfayre.co.uk and soon after launched www.christmashamper.com. In recent years’ we have added several other e-commerce channels including two shops on Amazon. We sell hampers and personalised gifts all year round, although the peak period is the last quarter. We currently manufacture approximately 40,000 hampers a year for over 7,000 customers
Promotional products compliment our other gifts and importantly do not peak at Christmas. Core lines include pens, pencils, highlighters, sticky pads, desk accessories, mugs, USBs, PC and mobile accessories, conference and exhibition giveaways, umbrellas, golf items, bags, clothing, exec folders, note pads and calendars to name a few.
Undaunted Ltd is an exciting start-up company. We will produce superior character rum that creates an unforgettable drinking experience. Original thinkers, we are the first Scottish company to combine world renown Caribbean rum with the expert cask finishing of Single Malt Scotch whisky barrels. This premium rum will them be followed by a pipeline of various rum related alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Food and Drink
Company website: www.highlandfayre.co.uk