0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
£21,000 - £25,000
- Ref code
Hayward Tyler Fluid Handling Ltd, has an outstanding opportunity for a talented and committed graduate engineer, to work with us on a new business initiative that will see you playing a key role in a product integration project, that is aimed to help us meet our growth plans for the business. This is a 12 month placement initially and is based in East Kilbride.
The demands for our current product range are such that we require to develop additional offerings in order to maintain our trading position. To this end we have identified inter-group product integration opportunities for Remote Maintenance Valves (RMVs) and Gas Diverter Valves (GDVs).
In order to secure a sufficient level of business we urgently need to add an additional member to our Engineering & Sales Team wherein all our on-going business demands and those of the product integration projects will be executed.
The project will see you assisting the Engineering team to help improve and process customer Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and support product manufacture, including creation of CAD models / drawings and ERP system ERP Bill of Material / Routing details.
You will play a key role within the Engineering and Business Development team by providing all technical and commercial information required to support product integration, soliciting and responding to lTTs, providing technical support through ITT review process and securing and managing contracts through to release to production.
- Utilise ERP and CAD systems to provide all technical information required
- Process quotations
- Process purchase orders
- Administration of supporting engineering, quality and commercial documentation
- Creation of CAD models / drawings
- Creation of ERP Bill of Material / Routing details
- Comply with all company SHEQ policies and procedures
A degree in Mechanical Engineering would be ideal for this placement.
Skills / Experience
- Comfortable working with an ERP system
- Proficient in using CAD software to create 3D models and drawings
- Accuracy and attention to detail skills
- Capable of working with a minimum of supervision
- Competent IT skills
- Outstanding self-management skills
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
- Working with a passionate and knowledgeable team
- Gain experience working in an Engineering / Manufacturing environment
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
16th September 2019
Hayward Tyler Fluid Handling Ltd. is a well renowned manufacturer of specialised Canned Motor Pumps and Helical Gear Pumps for well-defined niche sectors within the Nuclear, Defence and Industrial Lubrication industries.
Company website: www.haywardtyler.com