Ecommerce and Marketing Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
- Ref code
Grant’s Foods is a long established manufacturer of ambient ready meals and have a reputation for outstanding quality and service. We supply an extensive range to the retail sector and include names such as Waitrose, Tesco, Aldi and many more as our customers. More recently, we have been making great strides into the ever changing and complex foodservice sector where we wish to expedite our growth. To aid this objective, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated graduate in an Ecommerce/marketing role. This would be a 12 month placement initially and will be based in Galston, East Ayrshire.
Canned Groceries is a top 3 performer in the online shopping market and we believe sales and revenue growth will be further enhanced through establishing an Ecommerce Platform whereby we can sell goods directly to consumers in the UK and abroad.
This project also incorporates some elements of marketing and you will work alongside the team, including a foodservice sector expert, where you will be tasked with creating and implementing marketing strategies and initiatives to drive customer penetration resulting in increased sales.
The role would be ideally suited to a graduate with a Business or Marketing degree, however a graduate of any discipline who can express excellent communication skills and a natural flair for sales would be welcomed.
To establish an Ecommerce website from which we can sell goods direct to consumers in the UK and abroad. The role also focuses on our ambition to grow our presence within the market by increasing awareness of range benefits, customer penetration and user pull through using marketing initiatives to drive sales.
You will support the existing team by carrying out various tasks as part of your role which will include Project Management, Customer Presentations, Meetings and Marketing. This role offers the right applicant a great platform for developing existing and learning new skills.
- Establish a new Ecommerce website
- Manage the end-to-end Ecommerce process
- Identify new marketing Initiatives to drive sales
- Maintain and develop customer relationships
- Shadow existing sales team to learn more about existing processes
- Manage customer communications
- Conduct regular sales analysis
- Carry our market research for projects as appropriate
- Refine the product demonstration process
- Help to identify new business development opportunities
- Attend events as and when required
HNC, HND or Degree applicants can apply, however the ideal applicant must have a genuine interest in and commitment to working within the Sales and Marketing departments of the business.
Skills / Experience
- Capable of managing defined marketing projects
- Research Planning and Reporting skills
- Well organised and time efficient with the ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer friendly
- Confident personality
- Ability to engage with potential clients/customers
- Good communication/telephone skills
- Highly motivated
- Capable of working in a team as well as under own initiative
- Good computer skills and competent in using Microsoft office
- Flexible towards working hours, and committed to working to tight deadlines
- Previous Sales and Marketing experience
- Knowledge of Foodservice sector
- Driving Licence
You will gain valuable experience from both in-house training and external training courses during the placement.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Galston, East Ayrshire
Grant’s Foods is a long established food manufacturer based in East Ayrshire. Since 1885, Grants has supplied a wide range of products to consumers in the UK and worldwide.
The Major Supermarket chains, Cash and Carry's and Food Service operators are amongst our customer base and we have an enviable reputation for quality and Service amongst our peers.
Food and Drink
Company website: Grant Bros (Meat Canners) Ltd