Social Media Co-Ordinator (China Project)
0 Application(s) to date
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
£9.00 per hour
- Ref code
Glasgow Airport is Scotland's principal long haul airport. To support our ongoing growth plans, we are looking to hire a talented student to work with us on a 6 month project to help us develop and improve the presence Glasgow Airport has created for the city with its China based travel partner for Glasgow city across Chinese social media platforms to include at least Weibo and WeChat. The role comes with a flexible working pattern but is expected to be a 20 hour a week contract to fit in with any visa requirements.
This is an important project for us and will help to develop a programme of engaging content in conjunction with Glasgow Airport's Beijing based travel partner. The main aim is to raise awareness of the Glasgow – Gateway to Scotland and key Glasgow city messages on Chinese social media channels. In addition, the project will investigate other off-line opportunities to promote Glasgow in China in partnership with a carrier. You will also support with the launch of Chinese language pages on Glasgowairport.com and partner sites.
Following your placement, we expect that the following objectives will have been met:
- To firmly establish a social media presence in China for Glasgow city/Glasgow Airport.
- Develop a weekly social media content plan that engages the Chinese consumer with relevant articles about the city and the country
- Write the content to fulfil the above plan
- Work with Glasgow Airport's existing Beijing based travel agency partner to execute the social media plan
- Ensure that Glasgowairport.com and the Airport app are more China ready
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop further and improve the current presence Glasgow Airport has created for the city with its China based travel partner for Glasgow city across Chinese social media platforms to include at least Weibo and WeChat
- Develop a programme of engaging content to raise awareness of the Glasgow – Gateway to Scotland and key Glasgow city messages on Chinese social media channels
- Investigate other off-line opportunities to promote Glasgow in China in partnership with a carrier
- Support the Airport with any translation work
- Support with the launch of Chinese language pages on Glasgowairport.com, partner sites and App
- Liaise with city partners including Glasgow Life, Scottish Enterprise and VisitScotland for content development and maximising opportunities
You will be currently studying a postgraduate qualification, ideally in Business or Marketing with an international theme.
Skills / Experience
- Good working knowledge of social media in China
- Fluent in Chinese - written simplified Chinese and spoken Mandarin
- Fluent in English
- Highly organised
- Marketing background
- Knowledge of Chinese travel trade and travel landscape
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Early March 2019
Glasgow Airport is Scotland's principal long haul airport offering several connecting options to the Chinese mainland and Hong Kong via airlines such as Emirates, KLM, BA, and Lufthansa.
Aerospace, Defence and Marine
Company website: glasgowairport.com