Graduate SEO Specialist
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
- Ref code
Cumbernauld based Gas Sensing Solutions are looking to hire a talented and creative graduate to join the in-house marketing department. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, you will lead a project aimed at establishing SEO activities within the company, this will cover, content strategy, link building and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks. Ideally, you will also have the skills to managing the technical side of the website. This is a 12 month placement initially, with a view to a permanent job.
In line with our 2019/20 business plan, we are looking to significantly grow our website following in the next 12 months, as we see a correlation between website visits and enquiries. Bringing our SEO activities inhouse will allow us to have full control over our website. This project will see you being involved in all aspects of establishing our own SEO activities within the business.
In addition to SEO to bring organic traffic to our website, we understand that maintaining the website is also crucial to ongoing website performance. Again, this is outsourced and we would hope that you would also have this skill-set to allow us to bring all aspects of managing the company website in house.
We need to establish in-house expertise in SEO as well as website maintenance. Your recently acquired skills and knowledge will help us achieve these key ambitions and help us maintain our business growth objectives for 2019/20, whilst delivering crucial efficiencies for us.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Execute tests, collect and analyse data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI
- Track, report, and analyse website analytics and campaigns
- Optimise copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation
- Research and implement search engine optimisation recommendations
- Research and analyse competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the marketing team to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
Degree qualified in appropriate discipline, ideally at Honours level.
Skills / Experience
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Competent in design and maintaining of word-press site
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- Previous SEO experience in a similar environment, either during or post-study
- Website maintenance experience
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
26th August 2019
We design, manufacture and customise the fastest, lowest power, and toughest CO2 sensors around. What makes them so special? Unlike typical NDIR CO2 gas sensors, we build ours with our own mid-infrared LEDs. It’s this solid-state technology that helps you achieve ambitious low power, high speed and strong endurance goals in your Carbon Dioxide monitoring application.
Tech or Advanced Engineering (TAE)
Company website: www.gassensing.co.uk