IT Project Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
£18,000 - £20,000
- Ref code
GAP Hire Solutions is the UK’s largest independent equipment hirer. Founded in 1969, the company has grown from one depot focusing on plant hire, to eight divisions and over 140 locations nationwide. As part of an ongoing business improvement strategy, we are looking for an IT graduate to assist us with the aim of creating online training materials and courses to support the deployment of systems across the business. This is a 12 month placement and is based in Glasgow City Centre.
We recognise that there is a significant opportunity to improve how we deliver systems training across the business particularly through our digital transformation projects. It is vitally important that all users of our systems receive consistent and relevant training. We are looking through this project to enhance how we deliver systems training.
Specifically, you will be leading on the creation of materials and courses using Learning Accelerator tool to support the deployment of user facing systems and projects.
The aim will be to:
- Initial induction will include review of existing ERP processes and also familiarisation of the system
- Provide online training materials and courses to assist new employees onboard and provide a reference point for ongoing training and development
Key activities will include:
- Creating, testing and delivering documentation and training materials
- Devise technical training programs according to requirements
- Determine course content according to objectives
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets learning accelerator content etc.)
- Complete training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed
- Liaise with the GAP learning & development team to provide reports on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements to support our continuous enhancement process
- Work with 3rd party vendors and developers
HND or Degree in an IT related qualification.
Skills / Experience
- A grounding in IT systems
- Research and report writing skills
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive, professional and self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness/ability to travel
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
- Basic knowledge of IT training materials
- 22 days holidays + bank holidays, with the option to buy and sell additional holidays
- Employee Bonus Scheme
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
1st April 2018
GAP Hire Solutions is the UK’s largest independent equipment hirer. Founded in 1969, the company has grown from one depot focusing on plant hire, to eight divisions and over 140 locations nationwide.
Remaining privately owned has allowed us to be flexible to the specific needs of our customers, ensuring the business is resilient in an ever-changing landscape.
Our mission is:
- To grow and adapt in partnership with our customers
- To recruit, retain and develop the most talented people
- To deliver market-leading investment year on year
Company website: www.gap-group.co.uk