Digital Project Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Edinburgh and Lothians
£22,000 (pro rata)
- Ref code
Freeze has achieved strong growth in the last few years, supplying premium snow, surf and outdoor products to our global customer base. To support the next stage of our growth, we’re looking to hire a Digital Project Graduate to join the Digital and eCommerce Team at Freeze in Edinburgh. This is a 6 month placement initially.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a temporary Digital Project Graduate to join the Digital and eCommerce Team at Freeze in Edinburgh to help us with a critical business project, which will see us implementing a new, best in class eCommerce platform.
Online sales are our key route to market and a new web platform is key to us continuing to grow the business across multiple territories, delivering an outstanding online experience to our customers, both domestically and internationally.
You will deploy your recently acquired skills, knowledge and expertise to assist us with the delivery of this key digital project which if implemented successfully, will have a positive impact on our future growth ambitions.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a major digital project in development and be involved with the full migration to a new Magento 2.3 web platform.
Main project tasks and responsibilities:
- Data cleansing and data migration from current bespoke PHP database to new Magento 2.3 format and data base
- Preparation of HTML content banners
- Data and product building: category descriptions, specifications, facet and attribute appointing and search feature tags
- Sourcing imagery for key category page banners
- Building and cleansing category structures
- Merchandising of category pages
- Size guide creation and updates, other content creation
- General website quality control
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure content is update and aligned
You will be degree qualified in appropriate IT/Creative discipline
Skills / Experience
- Basic HTML skills
- A fundamental understanding of SEO
- Experience in using CMS
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel
Non Technical skills:
- Experience of (or desire to) work in a digital eCommerce environment
- An organised individual capable of working to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion to continually learn and expand hands-on skills and a data driven mindset
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- A passion for skiing, snowboarding, surfing and the outdoors
- The chance to join a dynamic and committed team, working with products we love
- Experience working in a fast-paced e-commerce business that’s making strong growth in international markets
- A fresh new working environment
- The opportunity and support to learn and develop professionally
- Significant employee discounts on snow, surf and outdoor products
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
15th April 2019
Freeze is the UK's premier snow, surf and outdoor store - born out of a shared passion for making the most of a life spent exploring the mountains, oceans and everything in between.
Today we connect our global community of passionate outdoor aficionados with the equipment, apparel and accessories they need to do just that.
By focusing on delivering the brands we believe in to customers that care – and by sharing our knowledge and expertise so that they always leave with the gear that’s right for them – we’ll become a trusted world leader in doing what we love.
Company website: https://www.freezeproshop.com/