0 Application(s) to date
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
Edinburgh and Lothians
- Ref code
Firemac Limited based in East Lothian are the UK’s leading supplier of a fire protection ductwork system based on a fire resistant fabric. Firemac also market a composite board and fire-stopping range of products. This role would be mainly based at Firemac's Distribution Centre – in Dunbar. This is a great opportunity to have a real impact on a growing business. You will work closely with an experienced friendly team.
The project will involve supporting and making improvements to our ongoing business processes, interpreting customer requirements for passive fire protection systems, preparing drawings and technical proposals, developing installation plans and material take-offs. As part of the role, you may be required to review and draft technical literature – relating to the fire protection systems and also assist with assembly and testing of ductwork systems for fire testing.
To deploy your recently acquired skills, knowledge and expertise to make improvements to activities connected to customer delivery and design and delivery of installations.
- Prepare reports on projects and customer enquiries
- Review and interpret customer enquiries
- Develop technical proposals based on our products and technical manuals
- Prepare draft proposals, develop installation plans and drawings
- Prepare material take-offs, parts lists
- Review existing technical literature and update where required
- Attend site visits to develop practical understanding
- Attend in-house and external training where required
- Occasional hands on practical work relating to preparing samples
You will ideally have an HNC/HND or Degree in Fire Engineering or related course, or an Engineering Degree in a course that includes Fire Engineering modules.
Skills / Experience
- Proven ability to retain information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, outlook, excel, word and power point
- A basic understanding of AutoCAD
- A willingness to travel and work out-with office base occasionally
- Driving license and own transport essential
- Passport and ability to travel within the EU unrestricted
- A good understanding of Autocad
- Strong practical and “hands on” skills
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Dunbar, East Lothian
Firemac Limited based in East Lothian are the UK’s leading supplier of a fire protection ductwork systems based on a fire resistant fabric. Firemac also market a composite board and fire-stopping range of products. This role would be mainly based at Firemac Distribution Centre – in Dunbar.
The company has significant experience in the design and installation of passive fire protection ductwork systems in the UK and internationally and has developed market-leading expertise in passive system technical development and fire testing.
Company website: www.firemac.com