Year of Young People Marketing Officer
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Inverness and Surrounds
£8.75 per hour
- Ref code
Fèisean nan Gàidheal is a charitable organisation that supports opportunities for individuals, schools and community groups to engage in traditional arts activities, as well as developing a range of community-based Gaelic arts tuition festivals.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a 12-week student placement to design and implement a marketing strategy for their summer events programme for 2018, Year of the Young People (YOYP).
The successful candidate will design and implement a marketing strategy to promote a range of events over the summer, and to increase the organisation’s online presence.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Implement an events marketing strategy that will promote Fèisean, Ceilidh Trail events and the Blas Festival.
- Develop the online presence and digital marketing strategy to facilitate growth and engagement with target audiences.
- Design posters and publicity materials to be used for online and traditional marketing methods, particularly for the Blas Festival and the ‘Òran Mòr’ event.
- Timely event announcements reviews, youth work features, promotions, competitions and blogs.
- Engage with local communities where events are to be held.
There will be the option to be based in either the Portree or Inverness Office.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Calum Macmillan on 01463 225559.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Open to all current HNC, HND and undergraduate degree students who will return to their studies after the summer. Qualifications related to marketing/digital marketing or Gaelic Language would be preferred, however other candidates will be considered provided they have the required skills.
Skills / Experience
1. Fluency in Gaelic.
2. High level of computer literacy.
3. Knowledge of design packages (Adobe Photoshop etc).
4. Good working knowledge of social media.
5. Enthusiastic and hard working.
6. Ability to prioritise workloads and to work to tight deadlines.
1. Previous experience within the Creative Industries sector.
2. Experience of SEO and Google analytics (or equivalent).
3. Full, clean driving licence.
4. Good understanding of Fèisean nan Gàidheal and the Gaelic arts.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive Gaelic language training as well as the opportunity to work alongside leading industry professionals, gaining skills in event organisation and promotion.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Student Placement Programme is the tailored 2-day residential business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of students, graduates and ScotGrad alumni.
Portree or Inverness
Established in 1991, Fèisean nan Gàidheal supports opportunities for community participation in the traditional arts.
Company website: www.feisean.org