Graduate Web Developer
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
- Ref code
ArtioGuest is the latest offering from Exterity to service the hospitality/accommodation market in room guest experience. We have an exciting project available which aims to support the further development of ArtioGuest, adding new applications to the existing suite of apps. This is a 12 month placement, with the potential to develop into a permanent role.
The project will see you adding one or more customer driven apps to the ArtioGuest product using the latest web technologies. Exterity has constant demand for new applications to further enhance the in room experience. The project will create one or more of these applications over the 12 months, working on the latest SmartTV offerings from LG, Samsung and Sony in addition to our own 4K set top box.
Join the development team to enhance develop the ArtioGuest suite of applications and follow the modern methods of an agile development team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop software in an Agile/scrum environment
- Work closely with the development and product management team
- Liaise with QA on a daily basis
- Support your newly created applications for our global customers
- Analyse and resolve bugs in your apps
- Problem solving to complete app features
- Use the spike method to research and define major features
- Pair programming
- Learn to code commercially
- Use source control
- Understand how to write and implement agile stories
You will ideally have a degree in Computing Science, Web development or similar with an interest in current and future technologies
Skills / Experience
- Self starter, you need to drive the app(s) to their completion
- A desire to learn, much of what we do is so new you can’t know it yet. But can you learn
- Daily standups and product demos require good communication as does the day to days discussions within the product development teams
- Good general skills in computing and technology
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- The ability to build customer relationships
- The desire and commitment to provide great customer service
- Interest in IP networking solutions/Digital AV technology
- Qualified in a relevant technical discipline
In addition to working with leading edge technologies and being part of our talented and collaborative team, you will you will also benefit from:
- Learning and development – working in small teams of around 5 people you will work be working on commercial projects, creating endless opportunities for you to learn and grow your software knowledge and experience.
- Career development – our growing Company creates opportunities for each member of our team, so there’s plenty of potential for development.
- Share in our success – Your efforts will be rewarded, check out: https://www.exterity.com/early-careers/what-we-offer
- Flexibility - We recognise that great ideas can come at any time, so we have flexible working hours to help support this.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Dalgety Bay, Fife
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Founded in 2001, Exterity is firmly established as the global leader in enterprise IP video technology and is the only vendor to deliver truly end-to-end IPTV and Digital Signage solutions that help organizations to harness the power of video to communicate, educate and entertain.
Exterity is a global company with Headquarters in United Kingdom and offices in London, Paris, Dubai, South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney.
Our Scottish headquarters is in Dalgety Bay, Fife, just off the A90, a 2-minute walk from the train station or a short drive from Edinburgh.
Company website: www.exterity.com