0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
- Ref code
An excellent opportunity for a talented graduate to join our dynamic team. A 12-month placement to plan, create and manage our digital and general marketing strategies to promote the company and grow our brands. This role will be based within our growing accessory and gift business, with the potential to strategically influence our wholesale brands and Ecommerce business development.
This project aims to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan in conjunction with our sales and design team across all areas of trading. Analyse sales and the performance of digital marketing campaigns. Market and communicate our business and brands current strengths and capabilities more effectively, via all forms of social media.
You will help us to better utilise digital marketing opportunities to improve the reach of our brands and communicate effectively and accurately the capabilities of the companies. The project will also help to improve the discipline of marketing into our business processes and our business model.
Based in Glasgow at Hillington Park. Working alongside our design and buying team, interacting with our sales team and key customers, you will create online/offline marketing and communication materials.
Working on general product launches, brand development and all aspects of annual Trade Shows.
You will also be responsible for maintaining and updating our new branded E-commerce site. Helping to co-ordinate photo shoots, proofreading product and editorial copy to maintain brand style and accuracy.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Perform market research and sales analysis to produce a marketing strategy
- Plan a social media and marketing calendar
- Create engaging and interesting social media content that is relevant to our business and brands
- Analyse and report on website and social media activity using Google analytics, produce ideas and content for Search Engine Optimisation
- Work with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Update website with new products, write copy, liaise with outside sources to ensure timely upload of imagery for collection launch
- Send out e-shots using e-marketing platforms
- Produce ads, postcards and printed material, and literature for website and Trade Shows
- Create photographic content as required, manage imagery and maintain an effective image database
- Help co-ordinate requirements for photo shoots
- Organise samples for customers and ensure information is communicated effectively to the relevant teams
- Input into design and product development
A degree in marketing or a marketing related discipline would be ideal for the role.
Skills / Experience
- Genuine interest in digital marketing and good knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Ads, SEO and PPC
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and complete tasks to deadline
- Excellent grammar and written English
- Creative and passionate about staying up-to-date with industry trends in digital marketing and fashion
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages: Excel and Word
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Wordpress, Trello, Spy-Fu and Mailchimp
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom-based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
1st October 2019
Eurostick is a Glasgow based accessory, gift and souvenir company, well respected in the industry. We wholesale our collections and brands throughout the UK, Europe and we are growing internationally.
We sell our souvenir collections throughout the UK in major High Street and Travel retailers. Our accessory brands include Heritage Traditions and Aran Traditions, and are expanding quickly with plans for exciting development and many opportunities further growth.
At Eurostick we have a small but dedicated team and we pride ourselves in outstanding design, good quality and excellent customer service.
Company website: www.eurostick.biz