Graduate Marketing Assistant
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
- Ref code
Eclipse Blinds is a leading supplier of textiles, systems and components to the window blinds industry. A key part of launching our fabric collections is our ability to offer exclusive, on-trend fabrics to our customers to ensure we stay innovative and market leading in our approach.
To research these colour and design trends, we are looking for a highly motivated Graduate Marketing Assistant to work within our Marketing team.
At Eclipse, we have the ability to control and guide our fabric design process right from the initial creative scope phase all the way to the final manufacture. Being so closely involved in the entire fabric development process gives us the opportunity to truly lead the market with on-trend colours and designs. We need to keep up-to-date with these trends to both inform and inspire our customers, as well as prepare and research for the next fabric Collection launches.
We are looking to bring an additional resource into the department to focus on the interiors trend forecasting role and bring this vital information to the fabric development process.
You are likely to come from a fashion, design or marketing background and will be involved in researching the colour trends using a variety of different sources to be able to forecast trends for the forthcoming seasons.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Forecasting of colour and design trends.
- Preparing mood boards and inspirational POS based on these trends.
- Create blogs for both consumers and trade customers.
- Contribution in several aspects of the design and creation of new fabric Collections.
- Involvement in the creative fabric design process of both colours and designs.
- Work alongside and support the Brand Manager in the development process for new Fabric Collections.
- Prepare showroom designs and displays for customers.
You will ideally have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent qualification.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate - proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good presentation skills
- Administration and organisation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise
- Experience working with colours and trends for textiles and fashion
- Social media skills
- Hold a current driving licence
- Brand awareness
- Understanding of digital marketing
- 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 statutory holidays
- Subsidised canteen facilities on site
- Company pension scheme
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
3rd June 2019
Eclipse Blinds is a medium sized business specialising in the supply of quality fabrics, slat and systems to the UK window blinds industry. Eclipse has been operating for over 40 years with a staff of 170 based at Inchinnan near Glasgow. Eclipse occupies an impressive 14 acre site which comprises offices, design and development, finishing plant, warehousing and distribution.
Eclipse Blinds are a £20 million turnover division of Hunter Douglas. Eclipse operates from a 150,000 square foot facility just outside Glasgow. Hunter Douglas is the world leader in window blind coverings and a major manufacturer of architectural products. Worldwide, Hunter Douglas has 17,000 employees operating 160 companies in 100 countries with a turnover of $2.4 billion
Company website: www.eclipseblinds.co.uk