Graduate Product and Graphic Design Assistant
0 Application(s) to date
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Creative arts and design
Edinburgh and Lothians
£18,000 - £25,000
- Ref code
We have a very exciting opportunity for an assistant designer to join our team on a 12-month contract as part of a brand design project. Reporting to our experienced Designer, the role will be a varied design role and you'll be responsible for assisting our creative team with researching, designing and presenting new products, producing marketing material and packaging as well as illustrations and graphics for our website and even the websites themselves – key routes to market both nationally and internationally. This role is suitable for a graduate starting their design career with a fantastic, creative and ambitious team looking to drive the Company positively forward.
2020 will see us launch a brand re-fresh for The Tartan Blanket Co. This is a great project to gain experience across a variety of design practices including, website design, product and packaging design, graphic design and illustration for print and web.
You will work closely with our designer and the creative team to develop the brand re-fresh, ensuring it is sympathetic to the brand, innovative and timeless. You will roll out the enhancements online, across the website and through the use of social media and marketing graphics. Improve and enhance our packaging and branded touchpoints across our products and work on promotional material ready for print and web.
- To improve all of our branded elements and work with the designer to bring all of our branded touchpoints in line
- Work to a timeline and meet deadlines to roll out and implement these changes
- Prepare illustrations and graphics suitable for web and online use
- Prepare accurate technical drawings suitable for print and production
- Prepare accurate and innovative packaging designs that aid our brand re-fresh and are sustainable
- Assist our designer in creating an updated brand bible and templates to share with the team for reference and future use
- Share ideas and exercise your keen eye for detail when considering changes and improvements
- Working with the designer and marketing team to develop the branding concept and design for all customer touchpoints and marketing communications
- Supporting our designer when preparing artwork and design specs ready for manufacturing; including woven textiles, leather goods, accessories and clothing
- Prepare graphics and illustrations for packaging and print
- Research and collate current trends to help guide design direction across textiles, web, packaging and marketing material
- Work collectively with the buying and design team in all stages of the sample development from initial concept to finished product
- Work collectively with the marketing and design team to create graphics and illustrations for web, print and social media
- Assist with the maintenance of safe storage and archiving of samples
You will be able to demonstrate
- Qualified at degree level
- Design experience in at least 1 of the areas listed above
- A beautiful portfolio of previous design work that reflects the ability to adapt to a specific brand personality
Skills / Experience
- Strong technical skills with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to think both creatively and logically
- A motivated and outgoing personality
- Strong artistic skills
- A desire to build design experience across a varied range of projects
- Good team work and willingness to help others
We want to be more than just a place to work. We offer a profit share, great maternity/paternity package, flexible holidays, social Fridays with our in office game and chill out area, as well as other events throughout the year.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
We are a small team of creative people who manage 2 great brands -The Tartan Blanket Co. and Kilt Society from our office/warehouse in Leith, Edinburgh. We’re not an average business and we don’t want to be. We’re young, vibrant, creative and fun.
Company website: eagleandfox.com