IT Support Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
£18,000 - £24,000
- Ref code
We are looking for a driven IT graduate to join our growing IT team. The project will see you having responsibility for the development, installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems and our Warehouse Management System. You will also provide technical support to end-users on various technical issues relating to software and logistics systems.
You will work with the IT team and in conjunction with the Operations and Commercial departments to design and implement information systems that optimise Dimensions' organisational efficiency. The role will require planning, developing and maintaining robust IT processes to help meet client targets and KPIs, including:
- Designing, setting up and maintaining scanning and packing stations to drive accuracy and efficiency
- Managing the development and launch of our API software (linking our WMS with courier platforms)
The IT Analyst will help Dimensions:
- Provide a more accurate and efficient service to our clients
- Increase transparency through modern IT systems
- Update and upgrade existing IT infrastructure
- Assess existing systems and processes, identify improvements and design and implement new systems
- Help the company transition to a cloud server
- Manage and prepare campaign data for clients
- Launch phase 2 of our custom API software
Your project duties and responsibilities will include:
- Overhaul and perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency
- Create and maintain accurate and complete documentations of company policies and procedures
- Provide ad hoc database and spreadsheet support for new bulk distribution campaigns
- Develop and maintain systems, databases and web pages
- Prepare data spreadsheets, charts, graphs and other documents as required
- Provide project-related technical assistance to office staff as needed
- Assist in software and hardware upgrades
- Add/update workstations for office staff
- Assist in maintaining internet service, firewalls and telephone systems
- Assist in the re-development and deployment of a new security system
- Assist in maintaining GDPR compliancy across all data activities
You will ideally have a relevant IT degree or other suitable degree qualification.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Outlook - specifically Excel, Access and Spreadsheet
- Good understanding of computer hardware and software
- Experience with maintaining 3PL Central WMS or similar
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Dimensions is an award-winning fulfilment and mailing provider. Our customers always come first, so we strive for the continual improvement of our services and systems.
As one of UK's leading logistics companies, our technology is one of our key differentiators. We constantly invest in the latest tech developments to ensure we provide a great service. Our latest developments include our custom API software which allows our systems to integrate with all eCommerce and courier platforms. We have also invested in modern scanning equipment and packing stations.
Company website: www.dimensionsmail.co.uk