Digital Marketing Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Edinburgh and Lothians
- Ref code
Diet Chef is part of a fast growing group of companies specialising in food and drink including coffee, diet meals, shakes and bars. We are looking for an ambitious marketing graduate to accelerate the growth of the business over the next 12 months. This growth will be achieved through expanding our digital marketing across new social media channels and through email and content development. This is a 12-month placement and will be based in Edinburgh city centre.
Email is responsible for about 20% of our revenue. We are currently working on the challenge of implementing the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which will have an impact on revenue from this channel. You will be tasked with reviewing past email performance, identifying areas of opportunity and devising an email strategy to take advantage of these opportunities to increase sales, while complying with GDPR regulations. In addition, you will be tasked with expanding our social media presence by identifying relevant new audiences and trialing use of different platforms.
This project will help Diet Chef find new ways to grow our database and engage more effectively with our existing customer base to increase sales. It will also help us to expand our digital presence by using additional social media platforms and trialing in-app advertising to reach new audiences.
We estimate that these new channels could add £360,000 of revenue to the business.
This role is designed to support and enhance the Marketing Department in all functional areas of social media, outreach blogging and email marketing.
- Responsible for email, blogging and social media planning and strategy
- Creating and scheduling posts on all our social media channels
- Creating email campaigns as well as putting in place a strategy to improve email performance
- Copywriting for adverts, blogs and web content
- Working with external designers and photographers
- Creating online campaigns
- Editing images for emails and adverts
- Responsible for audience building on all social media platforms
- Finding opportunities to connect with bloggers, magazines and related websites
Degree qualified in a marketing discipline or similar.
Skills / Experience
- Understanding of social media for business such as Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- IT literate
- Creative with an eye for detail
- Good analytical skills
- Capable of working on their own
- Copywriting experience
- Experience of blogging, social media and email marketing
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- Work for an award winning e-commerce company
- Generous 30 day holidays, increasing to 33 days after two years
- Attend and network at industry conferences and events
- Excellent career development prospects
- Company pension scheme
- Company laptop
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Edinburgh City Centre
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
1st May 2018
Diet Chef is an award-winning e-commerce company based in Edinburgh city centre. We run five e-commerce websites with over 150,000 customers using them. It's a small team with a friendly atmosphere.
We have our own beer garden and regular BBQ's.
Food and Drink
Company website: https://www.dietchef.co.uk/