Product Design / Engineering Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Engineering manufacturing and production
Edinburgh and Lothians
£22,000 - £24,000
- Ref code
Working with the established design and innovation team, the graduate will undertake design, development and testing work to customise our existing technology platforms to meet the requirements of customer specific projects. This is a 12 month placement initially and will be based in Livingston.
You will use your existing skills in hands-on prototyping, deploy your knowledge of material integration and your 3D CAD skills. As part of the project, you will be working closely with world leading partners to develop next generation products that offer a real differentiation over their customers.
You will undertake design, development and testing work to customise our existing technology platforms to meet the requirements of customer specific projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with our customers and their user base to understand the product requirements
- Design innovative solutions to meet the requirements, then test to find the optimal design point.
- Communicate the project outputs via clearly presented information
- Complete the project within the specified timeframe
You will ideally have a Product Design / Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering degree.
Skills / Experience
- Creative thought and execution to design and develop innovative solutions to be presented to customers
- Creating vector graphics, 3D CAD and technical drawings in 2D
- Physical prototype creation, using knowledge of materials and assembly methods to create quick turn, functioning prototypes
- Following the direction of project lead or engineers, focused on timely completion of deliverables
- Awareness of or interest in LED lighting technology and printed electronics
- Awareness of electronic principles
- Knowledge of prototyping and manufacturing techniques, such as injection moulding of plastics
- Foreign language competence, in European and/or Asian languages, in particular, German or Mandarin
This is a tremendous opportunity to play a key role in exciting projects with global brands and be supported by an experienced and motivated management team, focused on ensuring personal development opportunities.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
w/c 10th June 2019
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
1st July 2019
DesignLED develop lighting solutions that are ground breaking in performance and capability. The unlimited potential of our technology allows the creation of thin, uniformly illuminating surfaces which are gaining world class attention in the built environment and automotive lighting markets.
Our innovative lighting solutions, primarily based on printed electronics, provide a unique platform for product and application development across multiple markets all built on our UK developed, and globally patented portfolio.
Company website: https://designled.com/