Graduate People Officer
0 Application(s) to date
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Human resources and recruitment
Edinburgh and Lothians
- Ref code
We're looking for an enthusiastic People Officer to join our People Team. We’re preparing to launch an exciting digital service which will allow us to expand into the rest of the UK. This expansion, and the automation the platform provides, means that growth will be rapid. In preparation for this we are currently building the infrastructure within our people department to support the attraction, recruitment and development of new and existing employees.
As we prepare to launch a new online product with the potential to revolutionise the industry, we are anticipating significant growth. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the people side of a transformational change programme with a company that it is concentrating on its employee proposition and employer brand.
Our growth plans for the next twelve months are significant. This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for shaping the candidate experience from recruitment through to induction. You’ll be reporting into the People and OD Manager and will play a key role in supporting the delivery of the People Strategy. You will gain exposure to all aspects of the people department and be encouraged to take on projects aligned with your interests.
You will be responsible for managing and improving the recruitment and induction process.
- Map out current recruitment processes and identify opportunities to improve the candidate experience
- Administrating ongoing recruitment processes from placing the ad to scheduling interviews
- Track all applicants from initial contact to job offer, to ensure a seamless end-to-end process
- Ensuring that all incoming applications are acknowledged
- Assist in the review and shortlist of received applications in line with recruitment brief/job description
- Provide support on the learning management system to all staff and line mangers
- Develop a people processes manual that documents all internal procedures
- Support during policy updates by researching and benchmarking the proposed changes and coaching leaders through the changes during implementation
- Issue regular updates to the team, and other senior leaders, on recruitment, news and developments
- Help identify improvements that could be made to the employee experience
- Co-ordinate staff engagement activities such as fruit basket deliveries, flu jab scheduling, social events etc.
Minimum degree level preferably related in Human Resource Management. Other subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Good understanding of HR management and best practice
- Ability to work with and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to develop and learn new skills
- Excellent communication – verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also as part of a wider team
- Strong attention to detail
- Good computer skills and competent in using Microsoft office
- Ability to act with sensitivity and discretion, respecting confidentiality always
- Previous experience of working within a HR department
- Previous experience of using HR systems, ideally Bamboo
- Willingness to challenge and propose new ideas and ways of working
- To be able to work quickly, under pressure and to changing deadlines
An opportunity to be involved in an exciting new online service proposition in the Property Market.
We will support you through the CIPD L5 qualification by funding the course and allowing reasonable time away from the office to attend workshops and study.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme, offering a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network
John Cotton Business Centre, Edinburgh
18th November 2019
DJ Alexander is one of the UK’s largest Property Management companies in the UK, with almost four decades of experience. We’re now developing an innovative and unique online property management service for landlords, Apropos, which will be rolled out across the UK this year. It’s a service that will be beneficial to landlords and tenants, making property management easier and more efficient. By building a national network of partners with centralised support, and our own full service online platform, we will deliver a new improved rental experience for the UK. Apropos is on a mission to establish a new standard in property management.
Company website: https://www.djalexander.co.uk/