E-learning Development Officer
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
£19,000 per annum
- Ref code
Cothrom, meaning opportunity in Gaelic, is a Community and Development organisation based on the island of South Uist in the Outer Hebrides. Focusing on training, they offer a diverse portfolio of adult learning opportunities, as well as a Gaelic nursery providing childcare.
There is now an opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to market the e-learning programme, and to explore the options of using the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for community engagement to support e-consultation. The graduate will develop this service and market it to local agencies and organisations.
The graduate will support the organisation to develop and deliver high quality e-learning products for roll out across the Outer Hebrides, ensuring a consistent, high-quality brand and profile.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Develop and implement a plan for online course development for Cothrom, using the newly created Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Re-evaluate the existing courses to ensure they are suitable for use on VLE.
- Collaborate with partners and agencies to raise awareness of the new VLE courses.
- Develop and then start to implement a digital marketing strategy for the courses.
- Create an online community engagement tool application of VLE, for use within organisations in the Outer Hebrides.
- Test then market the community engagement tool.
- Work with the Manager to develop new bespoke e-learning short courses such as basic social enterprise administration, basic project management.
- Prepare a handover document.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Kirsty MacCormick on 01878 700911.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum HND level. All subjects accepted provided the candidate has the required skills.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Virtual Learning Environment.
- Experience of the use of technology in a learning environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web based technologies and their uses.
- Good knowledge of marketing, including social media for business use.
- Ability to work with and support staff to develop their skills.
- Enthusiastic, flexible approach to all areas of work.
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of creating strategy documents
- Team player, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to speak Gaelic.
The successful candidate will gain valuable experience working in a third sector organisation, with the support of a small team. It is also a unique opportunity to live and work in a remote island community in the Outer Hebrides.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.
Ormiclate, South Uist
Cothrom is a registered charity, community owned and managed, comprising of members from the communities across Uist and Barra.
Further and Higher Education
Company website: www.cothrom.net