Scientific Sales and Marketing Graduate
0 Application(s) to date
HNC, HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
Edinburgh and Lothians
£18,000 - £20,000
- Ref code
Based at the Roslin Biocentre, Censo Biotechnologies Ltd is a leader in the generation, banking and testing of induced pluripotent stem cell lines (iPSCs), their differentiation into many cell types and their use in drug discovery and development. We currently have an exciting and challenging placement for a graduate to undertake within our Sales and Marketing team. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding biotech company in the stem cell field.
Reporting to the CBO, the main function of the role will be to help us to build our web-based sales and marketing platform. The expected impact of a successful project will be to help build and maintain our international client base.
We are aiming to continue our impressive sales growth and are developing our web site to better inform our customers. As part of the role, you will learn about marketing systems, how to utilise data analytics, and be involved in a project to better understand our clients’ needs through Customer Discovery.
Your primary responsibilities for the placement will be:
- Help build, maintain and optimise our web site
- Develop and deploy analytics to optimise the customer journey
- Take responsibility for establishing web based lead generation procedures and effective approach to enquiry handling
- Work with the scientific teams to prepare relevant scientific content to share on social media
- Help to develop and implement new and effective marketing campaigns
- Maintain our corporate CRM
A degree in life sciences is preferred for this placement. However, if you have a degree in business or marketing but also have some robust scientific knowledge, we would welcome your application.
Skills / Experience
- Computer literate with specific skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Find it easy to communicate with people and build rapport quickly with strong interpersonal skills, and an understanding of social media
- Organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to plan ahead
- Be customer focused with the ability to work to deadlines and deliver results
- Good creative writing/blog-writing skills
- High level of attention to detail
- A desire to continually develop and improve
- Be determined to succeed
- The ability to work effectively within a small team
- Previous marketing and/or sales support experience
Attractive salary and benefits including holiday and pension scheme
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Censo is a leader in the creation of induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) and their transformation to specific cell types for use in drug discovery. Our clients include leading pharmaceutical companies and others involved in drug discovery who recognise that iPSC technology offers a wholly new method for testing drugs with human cells from both specific individuals and large cohorts.
Company website: www.censobio.com