Graduate Marketing Assistant
0 Application(s) to date
HND, Undergraduate Degree, Postgraduate Degree
- Closing Date:
Marketing market research and PR
- Ref code
Candle Shack helps creatives and creators to build inspirational businesses, brands and products within the luxury home fragrance market. We are passionate about working with creative people and have recently relocated into a vast 63,000 sq ft facility with combined office, laboratory, warehouse and manufacturing space.
This has given us the opportunity to investigate new revenue streams and opportunities and we have also recently formalised our core purpose and values, so we are ready for the next stage of growth.
The project we require assistance with will be to help us develop and implement a marketing strategy, based on our core purpose:
"We enhance lives - by helping creatives and creators to build inspirational businesses, brands and products"
Our two main business units are Contract Candle manufacturing and eCommerce (of candle making supplies). We will soon be adding glass decoration, ultrasonic room diffusers (US Brand) and possibly laboratory services, so we need to have a more coherent brand message.
- Assist the Marketing Director in primary market research to determine personas etc
- Assist in the development of a marketing strategy that provides a coherent brand message across our various profit centres
- Assist in the development of a 12 month marketing plan that delivers on the strategic goals
- Assist in the delivery of marketing activity outlined in the plan
- Measure the effectiveness of the strategy, plan and execution and recommend improvements/alterations
Working directly to the Sales & Marketing Director, the marketing assistant will have significant input on the company marketing strategy, 12-month plan and get involved in execution and review.
A higher level marketing or business qualification (HND, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree).
Skills / Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be competent in the use of Office Application software
- Digital marketing experience (Klavio, FaceBook Marketing, Google Analytics etc)
- Awareness of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Competency in the use of Photoshop, Illustrator or other Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Photography skills
Opportunity to work on a real marketing strategy, from start to finish, including the execution phase. Working directly with Director/Owner and engagement with senior marketing professionals.
We also offer:
- Company health plan
- Training and development
- PayDay Pizza (Monthly) event - Free pizza and early finish on Friday following pay day
- Cycle to Work Scheme
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
21st October 2019
Candle Shack is a family owned and operated business that employs around 50 people. The business was established in 2010 and started trading properly in 2012. We manufacture scented candles and diffusers for some of the words most luxurious candle brands, including Fornasetti, Overose, Haekels, Anya Hindmarch, Harrods, Paul Smith and many others.
We have a large eCommerce business, which supplies around 5,000 active customers, many of whom are small candle brands.
The company has grown from 2 staff and £76,000 turnover in 2012, to over £4m in revenue and 50 staff in 2019. We hope to reach £10m in revenue by 2024.
We are actively recruiting high calibre individuals who share our passion for innovation.
Placement contact details: Duncan MacLean
Company website: https://candle-shack.co.uk/